Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:46:14 PM EDT
I'm considering a Yugo UF build and i wanted to know, if i get the darkbore, is it like minute of barn or minute of beer can? i'm looking for a fun shooter that will hit an 4 inch gong at 100 benchrested, thats it, something entertaining. is it worth it, or should i save for a clean bore kit?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently did a group buy purchase of 60 Yugo underfolder kits for the folks over at cetmerifles.com.  The vast majority of them were rated grade 3 - dark bores, but from a lot of the feedbacks from those that are just beginning to build them up and shoot them, they are cleaning up pretty nicely.  After a couple rounds, the barrels are beginning to look much better.  And as far as accurracy is concerned, read some of Freefalle's posting in regards to his completed kit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep mine is one of the Dark bore group buy kits.

The barrel cleaned up, and as you can see she is plenty accurate.

At first I was thinking what did I waste my money on, but after building it I want to build more

And they are cheap, $258 for the complete build.

KnobCreek1 is the man, for getting us such a good deal.

FREE
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
any chance of a buy like that going down anytime soon, i saw the cheapo 70 dollar underfolders for about a halfminute on ammunitionstore, but they're gone now, and i don't know about getting the full stock, i dont mind it, hell, i hate M4s for their collapsible stocks (flame on AR fans!) but that dang UF is so cool
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
actually, the fix stock version of the yugos that I have seen have been very nice kits...much better bore condition as compared to the UF counterpart.  I am so tempted to purchase a fixed stock set and use the front end with the rear section of the UF to try and get the best of both worlds.  There's another gunshow this weekend and I shall try and keep an eye out on kits for another possible group buy.  I finally got the bill for the previous group buy ($6K) and should have enough to pay it off this month.  That'll give me some playing room to host a GB.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top