Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/6/2005 5:47:42 PM EDT
Ok gurus heres the 411.  I just picked up a low cap WASR-10 from Arms-n-Ammo.  The rifle came from Century Arms.  Anyway it came with a 5 rnd mag and a 10 rnd mag.   I purchased 2 extra 10 rnd mags.  When I got home the 5 rnd mag fit perfectly.  The 10 rnd mags didnt seat all the way in.  Now heres my question.  I took out the ever trusty dremel and ground out a little of the back of the mag well until the 10 rnd mags fit perfectly as well as the 5.  So????  Was I supposed to do this?  DID I DO RIGHT??????  Thanks in advance for your time and info.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The real test is if it feeds or not.  But it sounds like you did the right thing.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep some mag's just needto be customized....
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok so the 10 rounders fed perfectly.  I am very happy with this purchase.  Thanks guys,
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In a locap state, probably. I'd be more concerned about how it fit a std hicap steel 30.

he can't.  he's in jersey.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Isn't a Dremel required when you buy an AK?

They come in the buttstock compartment, IIRC.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Isn't a Dremel required when you buy an AK?

They come in the buttstock compartment, IIRC.

WIZZO

They should..I got a dremel two weeks after I bought my first one...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Your not allowed Hi-caps in NJ???
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Your not allowed HI-CAPS in NJ???  Not even pre-ban mags?  Even NY allows hi-caps
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
No 15 rounds MAX here in the GREAT STATE of NJ  that doesnt mean I cant USE hi cap mags but they must be blocked as to only hold a MAX of 15 rounds.   If I wanted to make it high cap?  Could I just carefuly widen the mag well?  Yes DREMELS are amazing for the AK.  Ive used it to get rid of trigger slap and polish the FGC on the WASR and the Romak3.  The Romak3's FCG turned out so well it actually feels like a 2 stage trigger.  Oh and I used it to polish the charging handle also.  Any info on if I can make it Hi Cap would be appreciated.  Oh and incidentally I attempted and accomlpished my first bump fire ever today.  Ya I know I got a low cap so it was only 10 rnds but man I'm still grinning about it.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No 15 rounds MAX here in the GREAT STATE of NJ  that doesnt mean I cant USE hi cap mags but they must be blocked as to only hold a MAX of 15 rounds.   If I wanted to make it high cap?  Could I just carefuly widen the mag well?  Yes DREMELS are amazing for the AK.  Ive used it to get rid of trigger slap and polish the FGC on the WASR and the Romak3.  The Romak3's FCG turned out so well it actually feels like a 2 stage trigger.  Oh and I used it to polish the charging handle also.  Any info on if I can make it Hi Cap would be appreciated.  Oh and incidentally I attempted and accomlpished my first bump fire ever today.  Ya I know I got a low cap so it was only 10 rnds but man I'm still grinning about it.  

Link to opening magwell
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=68410

I had to widen my hicap wasr10 to get it to smoothly take hicap mags.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/wasrwell.htm
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top