Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/9/2003 3:16:05 PM EDT
Just looking for my own education for a good site that has a cutaway view of the internals of a standard AKM or AK74. (The real ones, not our semi-auto imports).

Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually I was curious, the guy I bought my AKM kit off of took the FA bits out (no MG parts to WA state) and I was curious what it was I was "missing" and where they would have gone in a real AK, having never actually opened one up when I was playing with it....I will order the book from Boarders tonight though....I've been saving my $50 from X-mas for just that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Ken, you're a godsent, thanks man.

I intend to put an RSA fcg in my romanian AKMS here once I get it up and running.

Out of curiosity...what would happen if you put a rate reducer in a semi-auto? Would it make bump firing any easer?

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ken, you're a godsent, thanks man.

I intend to put an RSA fcg in my romanian AKMS here once I get it up and running.

Out of curiosity...what would happen if you put a rate reducer in a semi-auto? Would it make bump firing any easer?

Dude, AK's were MADE to bumpfire...
They don't need anymore help.
Hell, I've already had them rattle off a few unintended shots from my shoulder by accident...
If you can't get it to bump for ya, keep practicing...
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Heh, my SKS-D bumps better than an AK....its lighter and the weight is more distributed so its SO VERY EASY to get those long bursts. You aught to see it off the bipod with the drum :) Its enough to leave you smiling for days...

Edited to add- it looks like the main difference after examining a bunch of pictures, is that a Semi reciever has some kind of spacer/streignthening member where the full auto has a third push pin holding the auto sear. Quite simple and very ingenious. But does that mean FA AK recievers are weakened by the loss of this load bearing member? I'd assume it'd be pretty easy to mash the sides in without that big bar there in front of the hammer on a SA reciever if you took it out...
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:53:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top