Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/8/2003 7:09:40 AM EDT
Well, I got my slr-101 hicap back from ORF yesterday.  Mike made a gas block/front sight combo by cutting, welding and perfectly blending the two.  After that the barrel was shortened and an AMD brake was installed.  Topped of by a moly-coat over parkerizing and it almost looks factory.  I kinda copied this idea from a gun in the custom area at ak-usa's website.  My photography skills are lacking as the pictures don't do this fine weapon justice, but you get the idea.

www.gunsnet.net/album/showgallery.php?ppuser=16770&cat=500&thumb=1
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle.

The tactical bungee sling is the bomb!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool.  How effective is that brake?

I bet it's loud as hell.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  I haven't shot it yet, just got it back yesterday so I can't comment on the brake.  I've heard they're loud though.  I might make it out tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Very cool.  How effective is that brake?

I bet it's loud as hell.

About any brake that functions well will be LOUD.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
That's one wicked looking brake on that thing!  Makes me want one for my SAR-1.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweeeeetttt.

Nice looking rifle and muzzle brake.

There's always something good happening at ORF.

KF
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Great job! Very unique fsb/gas block set-up.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#9]
5subslr5,  That brake looks like it may be as loud as my mini-y brake on my Bushy.  Yes is it is very effective though.

My SLR-95 Bulgy brake, and AK-74 brakes are not nearly as loud as the mini-y.  I need to replace that damn mini-y with a KKF brake.

PMbiker, Let us know how your latest toy handles at the range.

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#10]
where'd you get those flamed maple handguards in the other pics?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again guys, I can't wait to take it out.
It's exactly as I pictured it in my head, maybe better.  I looked at some gb/fsb combos at a couple of different places till I saw a post here somewhere with pictures of one done at ORF.
Just as good and cheaper to boot.

The rock maple stockset on my Hungarian SA-85m is from Ironwood.  They come @80% finished and you fit, shape if necessary, final sand and finish with stain, oil or poly.  I used minwax golden oak stain and some rub-in polyurethane to get that finish.  There are excellent directions on the website.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top