Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2003 3:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2003 3:15:03 PM EDT by ABNAK]
Here's the deal: I have a beautiful preban Norinco 84-S underfolder in .223 that I desperately want to mount a red dot on. I don't care for the Ultimak because it's too front heavy, transfers heat to the optic, and with my Mojo peep sight I can't get a decent sight picture while co-witnessing (only the top of the peep can be seen in the very bottom of the red dot sight, not the full circle of the Mojo). I also cannot mount a side rail on the receiver because the underfolder won't clear it when folding. So the Ultimak and side rail are out.

What about some kind of a mount or platform rigged to sit just over the rear sight? This would allow use of irons and just lift up a little and you can use the red dot. The optic itself could sit more to the rear, thereby allowing the gas tube to be removed but still being high enough to remove the receiver cover. No loss of zero! It would probably have to be finely welded to either side of the block where the rear sight sits or some kind of set screw used if it were to be removeable. It would also keep the balance of the rifle centered, unlike the Ultimak.

Well, any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:45:11 PM EDT
There is a co. that makes one.
I just can't find anyone who imports it

www.brugger-thomet.ch/frame.htm

Botachtactical carries some of their mounts, maybe we could special order??

www.botachtactical.com/bruggerthomet.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:43:09 PM EDT
AKsRule,
Notice that none of the ones Botach has is for the AK. I called a company carrying Brugger-Thomet stuff and they said that because of the variances in AK rear sight dimensions that they weren't going to be pushing the mount in your picture. Too bad, I'd like to take my chances.

But yeah, something like what's in your picture is what I had in mind.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:15:53 PM EDT
Well what dealer did you contact?

I'm thinking Group Buy here!
If we got enough people to pre-order , maybe
they would import a small batch.

Judging by the picture they should fit
any in spec euro sight block dontcha think?

Never underestimate the power of ARFCOM

Anybody else interested?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:20:35 PM EDT
AKsRule,
The dealer (from an earlier thread) I spoke to had to call me back 2 days later because he himself had to call the factory overseas to get the response I posted above. Apparently Brugger-Thomet themselves aren't real keen on it. But I do believe they're onto something, though. That is the area and way I'd like to mount a red dot.

Bet I could make it fit my Norinco!!!
Top Top