Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:22:08 PM EDT
I'm putting together my order for parts and had two questions:

1. If I'm using a G2, will a "Full-auto selector lever removed from unissued Polish AKM rifles. Made in Poland" work? Global sells these.

2. Do I need a different hammer spring? I seem to recall people using a different hammer spring.

Thanks!
Jim
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:17:18 PM EDT
There is enough difference in hammer springs to render the Tantal spring very unreliable for use with a stf. type AK hammer. Also, about any std. selector for an AKM should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:19:44 PM EDT
I thought I had tried the spring thing. I just installed a Tantal spring on a std. AK hammer - should work actually. There are some size differences but everything should work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:56:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JimTh:
I'm putting together my order for parts and had two questions:

1. If I'm using a G2, will a "Full-auto selector lever removed from unissued Polish AKM rifles. Made in Poland" work? Global sells these.

2. Do I need a different hammer spring? I seem to recall people using a different hammer spring.

Thanks!
Jim

1. I built a tantal on an oow reciever and used a standard safty lever from a polish akm

2 .you need a standard hammer/trigger spring
the one that comes with the tantal does not have the legs that go over the trigger to give the
trigger tention.

BLM
Top Top