Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 10:25:16 AM EDT
I just found a Hungarian FEG SA2000M with a 4X28 scope at a local pawn shop for $350.

1. Is that a good price?

2. How hard is it to convert to a regular mag? Is it just a matter of opening up the magwell?

Gotta move on this if it is a good deal......

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
For me, $250 would be more correct. It is one of the easier conversions. Magwell needs slight oversize fitting and the selector stop plate under the trigger guard needs swapping out of a thinner unit. Really depends on how bad you want it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have an SA-2000M that is converted. I too would say that $350 is too much, and at the most you should pay $300, but $250 is a 'buy it now' price.

I think Hootbro is pretty close on what it takes to convert.

Things to look for:

Does it have AK-47 parts or AKM parts?
Short or long gas system?

I'm gonna see what I can do about the price..........owner of the shop will be in tomorrow.
I believe it has the long gas system, but I could be mistaken. I know it has an AMD style brake on it as well as black upper and lower handguard, and a skeletonized (dragunov style) black synthetic stock. The barrel looked really long on it. Could be the AMD brake or a short gas system or both. Have to check it out further tomorrow. I noticed the thick selector stop. Just looks like it was bent into the reciever too far. As far as the magwell goes...have dremel, will trim!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold mine for $200.... Doh!!!

I wouldt pay more than $250.00

"There's allot of work to be done to make it hi-cap."  Thats what I would tell them...

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top