Posted: 9/5/2004 11:36:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's the deal with the AK-47 stories popping up all over the place?

Woman says brother hit her; police find AK-47

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040830/6054213.asp
A West Side woman told police Sunday that her brother broke into her home and fought with her, then fled, leaving behind a loaded AK-47 assault rifle.

Northwest District officers were called to the house on Massachusetts Avenue, near Normal Avenue, where the resident said her brother entered through a porch window without her permission.

"When she caught him," police said in their report, "he started to fight with her, slapping and punching her numerous times about the head and face." Officers added that an AK-47 with 26 rounds, along with a 30-round magazine, were found on the scene.

I dunno, but I just found an AK47 on my dining room table.  Should I notify the authorities too?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
its quite simple.....

because of the link in peoples minds between 'terrorist' and 'ak47', and because the sheeple have the mindset that 'i don't like what they're doing so they must be a terrorist' gives the result of 'gun being used' being reported as 'evil ak47' being used.

Much teh same way as there was a spat of ar15s being reported in everything after the monkeybusiness in DC.

Besides....they're often just someone with a 10/22 and an aftermarket stock, and the press doesn't care about accuracy, they care about selling commercials / ads / copies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I dunno, but I just found an AK47 on my dining room table.  Should I notify the authorities too?

Is THAT where it ended up?  I knew something like this was bound to happen when I bought my AK.  People warned me that they just get up and kill people.  You should return it to me at once before it decides to do something mean.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
its quite simple.....

Besides....they're often just someone with a 10/22 and an aftermarket stock, and the press doesn't care about accuracy, they care about selling commercials / ads / copies.

Yes, like the string of DC shootings by those two numb-skulls in the buik. I kept hearing on tv about them being "military trained snipers" and "using a sniper rifle". They were prone firing an AR-15 at 50-100 yards and offten missing their targets. Idiots. Also they were not snipers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's the deal with the AK-47 stories popping up all over the place?

The AWB is about the expire & the liberal Ministry Of Truth media is trying to create panic in the sheeple.  
And <tinfoilhat mode> don't be surprised if there isn't a high profile mass murder involving an "assault weapon" sometime before November.  One where the perps conveniently off themselves & their records are sealed by the authorities afterwards.  And our favorite lefty congresspersons will just happen to have prepared legislation to "fix" the problem.  .  There's been way too many timely events like that for them to all have been "coincidences".  Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three or more times is enemy action.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Two other men and a woman who was working inside a Wawa convenience store were wounded.

wth is a 'wawa'???

Maybe that newsbitch Barbara Walters has invested in a stop 'n rob franchise???
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Two other men and a woman who was working inside a Wawa convenience store were wounded.

wth is a 'wawa'???

They're all over Virginia - they make damn good sandwiches, but their gas is always a few cents more per gallon than the place down the street.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Another off duty Detroit cop was shot and killed in a strip bar last week.

The city of Detroit is awash with violence these days and the city officials are pretty much in denial. They want to blame everything but the culture of drugs and violence that has been allowed to flourish over the last decade or so.  

BTW, one thing I learned as a bouncer in a bar and later as a cop,  is that  testesterone and alcohol is a dangerous combination. That is why I rarely drink and why I stay the hell out of bars.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

wth is a 'wawa'???

They bought out piggly wiggly.  Its like a Circle K.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That is why I rarely drink and why I stay the hell out of bars.

you, sir, are a wise man!

there is nothing wrong with occassional drink or even the rare stumble-down drunk, but i have stayed away from bars for decades.

i ride a harley and bars were a way of life for me, once upon a time. i got my fill of beatings, stabbings, midnight gunshots into the ceiling, trains on the mensroom floor and all the other stupid shit.

Who the hell were you running a train on, on the mens room floor?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Trains on the mensrom floor??

How dangerous can that be!!   If there was liquid on the floor that
could be a very dangerous eletrocution hazard!!

Especially is you are running some LIONEL stuff with those old large transformers.

Thank god you quit when you did....:)

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow-Detroit may be hiring a cop named "MURPHY" pretty soon!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top