Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/23/2006 6:54:38 AM EST
I have a post-ban (as if that matters anymore) MAK-90 that I bought new many years ago as a working weapon. I want to store it in my truck as a trunk/SHTF gun.

Now, for both storage as well as portability reasons, I'd like very much to install an underfolding stock on it. How can I do this? Can I do it myself?

MAK-90 with a stamped receiver.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:56:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:03:42 AM EST by TheRealSundance]
You need a new trunnion installed, possibly welding up the old rivit holes. And finally you need to drill/cut folder hole.

I would look to buy an UF.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:58:59 AM EST
Sell the MAK-90, buy an underfolder. You'll come out ahead.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:59:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/23/2006 8:07:02 AM EST by Zaphod]
Wow. It sure looks that way, doesn't it!

What about a decent SIDE folder?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:48:03 AM EST

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:33:06 AM EST
You could sell your MAK90 and probably get enough out of it to get one of the new century Yugo underfolders they look really nice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:53:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mak:


Is the length of pull on the stock adjusted to compensate for the added length of the hinge box?

Is the trigger easily accessible when the stock is folded?

Based upon price, I'm assuming these are better than Tapco. Why?

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:14:16 PM EST
They arent made of flimsy plastic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:14:16 PM EST
That'll do it, yep!
Top Top