Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:54:54 AM EDT
Would this be a tough project?  From the diagrams I've seen it looks like it would require a bracket to attach the stock to the reciever, or does the stock go right on the reciever?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]
yes,you would need a fixed stock rear trunion and then someone who knows haw to patch holes in a reciever where the old underfolder parts went through and then rivet the new rear trunion
so I dont think anyone in there right mind would mess with it  IMO

blm

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you can go to Cold Steel Solution , order an 80% receiver and not have to worry about patching up holes....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:35:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't make sense to buy a rifle and then completely rebuild it. It would be cheaper to start with a kit. Better yet buy the rifle you want .
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Especially if you know someone that can assist you with the build like I was able to do. I built 2 Yugos for $325 each after I was done. Some built theirs cheaper, but this is what my build tally was. So it would be totally pointless to get a folder and make it fixed. There is a company I saw out there that is selling Yugos that they built up fixed or folding. The price was in the $600 range since they used excellent kits.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]
If ya like, Ill gladly trade you the fixed stock and rear trunion from my fixed yugo for the UF stock and rear trunion of your UF yugo.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top