Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2009 10:49:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 10:50:41 AM EST by dumbell2]
Can anyone please tell me what is involved in converting my newly acquired WASR into a folding stock version (or underfolder).
I do not want to have the added on "modular" look, but really like some of the ACE skeleton stocks (as long as I can shoot with the stock folded).
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:58:30 AM EST
ACE makes an adapter that mounts into the trunion on back of the receiver where the tang on the rear stock goes. It fits pretty flush and lets you attach there stock to fold to either the right or left depending how you set it up. You are going to have permenatly modifiy the rifle by cutting the rear tang off the trunion.

Installing an undeford is going to require you to remove the rear trunion, cut holes in the recevier and install a new underforlder trunion. A side folder would require a similar opertion, but different mods do to the different hardware needed for the side folding stock.

The ACE stock is probably the easiest to get a nice looking folder, but they are not cheap. Of corse having a gunsmith convert it to an underfolder or side folder isn't going to be cheap either.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:59:13 AM EST
If you go with an original Romanian side-folder:

1. Remove two stock screws
2. Remove wood stock
3. Insert side folding stock
4. Secure with two machine screws
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:59:45 AM EST
..OR pick up a Romy folder in the EE and be done......
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:00:02 AM EST
Get a real Romanian side folding stock.
It bolts right in, no gunsmithing. Making your rifle a underfolder is a pain in the ass and not worth it.
Top Top