Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 1:04:37 PM EST
I'm thinking about ditching the Stormwerkz FSM and manticore triangle and putting together the parts to convert it to a true side folder. In looking for a stock, which mm pin size should I be looking for? Also, I cannot perform this work myself, who is a reputable builder in Texas that could do the swap and refinish?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:59:37 PM EST
The Russians used to use a 4.5mm hinge, they now use a 5.5mm hinge. Bulgaria still uses the 4.5mm hinge.
The stock angles are slightly different, but it's not a big deal(imo anyway). Honestly, I'd just go with whatever you can get cheaper.
The cheapest one I know of is the triangle folder from AK-Builder. It's a clone of a Bulgarian stock and trunnion, made in Taiwan. I own both a real Bulgarian folder and the AK-Builder clone, can't tell the difference.

I believe JBI Armory is in Texas, they can definitely do it for you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:03:38 PM EST
Tag
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:54:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 10:56:08 PM EST by GuynamedDave]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HWI:
The Russians used to use a 4.5mm hinge, they now use a 5.5mm hinge. Bulgaria still uses the 4.5mm hinge.
The stock angles are slightly different, but it's not a big deal(imo anyway). Honestly, I'd just go with whatever you can get cheaper.
The cheapest one I know of is the triangle folder from AK-Builder. It's a clone of a Bulgarian stock and trunnion, made in Taiwan. I own both a real Bulgarian folder and the AK-Builder clone, can't tell the difference.

I believe JBI Armory is in Texas, they can definitely do it for you.
View Quote

Yep. I had a Bulgarian 74 built by Jim and it was amazing. Sadly parted with it when needing money and regretted it ever since. I have delt with him a few times over the years and he has outstanding customer service, however he does tend to have a little bit of backlog. Maybe not now that he is doing it full time. Anyway, check him out online. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:08:40 AM EST
Are you looking to SBR your Draco, or pin a muzzle device?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:14:23 AM EST
The Draco is already an sbr.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:50:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 5:51:11 AM EST by nictra]
I'd buy the akbuilder side folder if I needed one now. If you have patience, and it appears you do since you have an SBR, then I'd go with a Russian 5.5, they seem to be easier to find these days.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:15:24 PM EST
K-var has the 4.5mm in stock.
Top Top