Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:26:45 AM EDT
Can a low capacity Wasr be converted to hi cap.  Would it be worth the effort?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Simply put..Yes If you get a good deal on it...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, ...Would ya know of any info source on doing the conversion?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Search build it yourself and romanian forums on this site.

Search gunboards.  Someone has a post or two listing the steps with pics.

It is fairly easy but you need to be careful to do a nice job.  Need US compliance parts too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
hey man i just did it. Works like it was made that way.

Get a damn good dremel tool and some stones for grinding. Also get a 30 round mag for trial fitting. Start drilling and trial fit the mag. Be advised there are 2 tabs inside that will need to be ground down as well. Once you open it up enough and get the tabs ground down, and get it to fit your done! Use some stove blackner to cover up any traces of accidental scrapage or whatever behind and add 5 US spec parts to keep it legal if you want. All in all its a fairly easy, painless modification. Took me about an hour or two. It was my first time and if I had another one I could do it in 1/2 the time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, Its really that simple?  Just start hoggin with a dremel till it fits?  I've seen some of these low caps pretty cheap.  Thanks for the feedback. This may just be worth a try!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top