Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 12:55:56 PM EDT
What is the general consensus on folding stock AKs.

I would like to know what people think about folding stock AKs.

The way I see it, I have several options:

Under folding kits--Which are best Kits -most affordable

Side folding kits--Which are best kits-most affordable

Fixed stock kit with a folding stock attatchments ie. Tapco Galil style.--Which are best kits -most affordable.

Basically I would like to know the advantages or disadvantages of each approach. Which are the best (most trouble free, comfortable, durable, easiest to build etc.)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the board

it really matters what you are looking for

price comfort looks or easy to build

what matters most to you ?

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I am looking for comfort and durability most of all. Price is secondary, although ease of build is a consideration.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The Ace AKFX is really nice. But way overpriced.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am looking for comfort and durability most of all. Price is secondary, although ease of build is a consideration.

Some people like the underfolders and some people dont. some of the other side folders (aka, the amd 65) require being permanantly attached. others require an adapter. I'd say look at the romy folder and see if you like side folders. if not, you can go on from there. but the price is right for experimentation. imho, i think they're the best. they're cheap and so if you dont like it, its only 40-50 bucks you've blown. they're comfortable, and you can change them out easily without having to use an adaptor or anything.

just my .02

going with the romy folder also lets you have the option of picking up any standard rear tang kit and just having the folder to put on if you want it. if you pick up an amd and you dont like it- you're stuck with the wire folder.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top