Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/20/2008 7:33:42 PM EDT
Ok, I think I get this.....

I have a CIA M70AB2T.  I just ordered some Yugo handguards from Apex and I want to get a Yugo pistol grip, too.  Here is the issue:

My compliance parts are (I think) : barrel, receiver, FCG(3), plastic handguards, and plastic CIA pistol grip (Total=7?).  The slant break does not have any markings on it and the gas piston looks original (Yugo).  I figure if I replace the slant break with a made in the USA one, I can install both the Yugo handguards and Yugo pistol grip as I will have 6 compliance parts.  Am I good to go?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Need 5 USA 922r compliance parts on a non-threaded AK

If the AK has a threaded muzzle you need Need 6 USA 922r compliance parts on an AK with a "muzzle device" or threaded muzzle.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you mean CAI, not CIA.  If it is a Century, and it was new in box, then the slant brake is US made.  Check to see if it has a small C stamped somewhere on it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, I think I get this.....

I have a CIA M70AB2T.  I just ordered some Yugo handguards from Apex and I want to get a Yugo pistol grip, too.  Here is the issue:

My compliance parts are (I think) : barrel, receiver, FCG(3), plastic handguards, and plastic CIA pistol grip (Total=7?).  The slant break does not have any markings on it and the gas piston looks original (Yugo).  I figure if I replace the slant break with a made in the USA one, I can install both the Yugo handguards and Yugo pistol grip as I will have 6 compliance parts.  Am I good to go?

Thanks!

You are correct. Just replace the break. Both my M72 and M70B2 look to have the Yugo break on them as I replaced these and did what you want to do. AKBUILDER.COM for these US parts. They are of good quality and will match the park on the Century guns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I looked all over the break and no markings of any kind.  I'll just replace it with one marked USA.  

Anyone know of any problems with those plastic "USA" Tapco mag followers? I might pick up a couple of those.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top