Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2004 2:47:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 2:48:27 PM EST by t_smith]
I recently purchased a Romanian red-brown Bakelite pistol grip, which I think is beautiful, and was wondering if there are complete bakelite stock sets? Or do I have to settle for a wood/synthetic buttstock & handguards to go with my bakelite pistol grip?

Also, on an SAR-1 is the factory wood buttstock & handguards considered a US or forgein part?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:21:11 PM EST
The factory wood furniture on your SAR-1 is considered foreign.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:25:11 PM EST
I've seen them before...... usually East German or Romanian. Check K-Var. The stock & handguards that come on the Romanian AK's are foreign.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:48:46 PM EST
So if the wood that comes in a SAR-1 is a foreign part, what US parts are on it to make up the 6 US parts? The grip, piston, brake, and FCG?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:09:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By Fishpaw:
So if the wood that comes in a SAR-1 is a foreign part, what US parts are on it to make up the 6 US parts? The grip, piston, brake, and FCG?

Should be just 5 parts on a regualr SAR-1:FCG, grip & gas piston. If there's a muzzle brake installed it would probably be US made to keep the # of foreign parts to 10 (unless the mags have US followers or floorplates).

The only 'bakelite' stocks I've seen are Bulgarian red...but they're for the milled reciever guns. I guess it'd be posslible to adapt (screw & AccryGlass a stamped reciever style nub onto it.)

The East German brown plastic buttstock is a possibility but kinda ugly.
The EG lower handguard is about the right color to go with the Romanian red bakelite grip. Though I'd go with a Bulgarian or Romanian upper handguard rather than the EG brown.
A Romanian pistol-grip bakelite handguard set would match 100% but it looks like K-Var is sold out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:00:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:42:49 AM EST
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:26:33 AM EST
www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=59

K-Var has this Romanian furniture set. All bakelite, except for the laminated buttstock.
Top Top