Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 8:50:48 PM EDT
Whenever I try to load a normal, 10 round stripper clip into my SKS, the usually either 3rd or 4th round will "hang" up on the left feed lip of the magazine, as in the bullet will get caught on top of it and not go down. This requires much shaking and poking for it to lock into the magazine, and pretty much defeats the point of clips being able to reload fast. Is this normal? Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be your cocking the top of the clip to the rear as you load it.  Doing that will cause the front of the rounds to hang up on their way down.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed.
I put my thumb at the base of top bullet so it rubs the clip hard as I shove down firmly and smoothly. Do it like you mean it. Most of the time that results in all 10 going home perfectly. Once in a while they hang up. I release pressure and push it again.
Having the gun pointing downwards while loading can cause the rounds to move forward and hang up at the tips while loading. Better to have it level or barrel pointing slightly upwards.
I have found that a stripper clip that has been used a couple times works more smoothly than a new one during loading too.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top