Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/2/2003 8:43:24 PM EDT
Whenever i rapidfire my SAR-3 the leaning rod works its way out. Ive had it come out about 6 inches before. I beleive its probably kind of dangerous due to the fac that bullets are flying past it and if 1 happens to hit it that could be bad. Does this happen to anyone else and also does anyone know how to fix it. Till i know i guess ill just be going to the shooting range without it. Ive had the idea of life supergluing it in there or something because i dont even use it for cleaning. It's jsut a looks thing.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:23:08 PM EDT
All my SAR-2s do the same thing. I just take them off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:47:58 PM EDT
It was explained to me this problem was due to the necessary parts being stripped off the rifles for ATF compliance. You can reinstall the parts needed legally now due to a recent ruling in federal court. I am not endorsing the company, but you can go to www.k-varcorp.com and order the following parts.

AK167 - Front sight block
AK205 - Retainer pin, w/spring for muzzle nut
AK256 - Retainer pin, for AK74 plunger pin
AK141 - AK74 Romanian Compensator

This parts list along with the armorer’s page at www.nothingbut guns.com will help this matter.

P.S. there is a letter of ATF compliance on the K-Var Corp. website
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:19:27 AM EDT
When Century goes after the bayo lug to keep the ATF happy, the rod hold goes to. I just leave mine at home. It's an AK..
Top Top