Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/25/2004 5:13:51 PM EDT
Many years ago I owned an AK for awhile that had a chromed or SS bolt carrier. I don't know which, I just remember that it was shiny and made a sweet contrast to the rest of the black rifle. It may have been a Norinco?

Anyway, I see parts kits a-plenty, but never a chromed bolt carrier. Anyone know where I can find one, and whould it fit my SAR-1?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They were not chromed or stainless but left 'in the white' I.E. raw unfinshed steel.

OK, that makes sense. Right after I purchased my SAR-1 a few years ago, I asked the same question on this or some other forum and someone suggested that I use my dremel and remove the finish from the bolt carrier. I thought that suggestion was extreme and would just ruin my bolt, but now I see what they were getting at...returning my bolt carrier to 'in the white'.

Anyway, thanks. I never knew what 'in the white' meant until now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I removed the finish and smoothed the machine marks from the carrier with sandpaper, using finer grades as I went. I used Blue Magic (available at most auto centers) and a Dremel to give the carrier a final polish. The surface has not rusted, after almost a year.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#5]
heThe Madtechcool
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top