Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 4:13:51 PM EST
Many years ago I owned an AK for awhile that had a chromed or SS bolt carrier. I don't know which, I just remember that it was shiny and made a sweet contrast to the rest of the black rifle. It may have been a Norinco?

Anyway, I see parts kits a-plenty, but never a chromed bolt carrier. Anyone know where I can find one, and whould it fit my SAR-1?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:00:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:11:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
They were not chromed or stainless but left 'in the white' I.E. raw unfinshed steel.

OK, that makes sense. Right after I purchased my SAR-1 a few years ago, I asked the same question on this or some other forum and someone suggested that I use my dremel and remove the finish from the bolt carrier. I thought that suggestion was extreme and would just ruin my bolt, but now I see what they were getting at...returning my bolt carrier to 'in the white'.

Anyway, thanks. I never knew what 'in the white' meant until now.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:08:15 AM EST
I removed the finish and smoothed the machine marks from the carrier with sandpaper, using finer grades as I went. I used Blue Magic (available at most auto centers) and a Dremel to give the carrier a final polish. The surface has not rusted, after almost a year.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:52:00 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:03:30 PM EST
heThe Madtechcool
Top Top