Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:53:40 AM EDT
Does anyone have a picture of the underfolder?
I changed my MAK-90 over from a thumbhole to an underfolder, after adding all the required US parts of course but on the right hand side there is just the screw down round nut, it seems there should be some kind of cover over the nut.
I have a polish underfolder for comparison but the polish has two sets of pins that go in the receiver and the underfolder for my MAK-90 only has one set of pins and has more of an angle to it as opposed to the Polish that just goes straight out.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a couple of pictures of my underfolder if you want them, but there isn't any cover on the Norinco.  The nut on the folder is exposed.  The stock assembly of the Chinese rifles is pretty damn poor especialy compared to the one on the Polish rifle.  It's a real shame too since the Norinco is a better rifle in most ways.  But the simplified, no trunnion folder assembly is just weak.  Mine has about 6k rounds through it and wobbles all over the place.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.
It just seems weird seing the round nut with the pin through it.
I really cranked mine down so it does not wobble at all.
Previously I put a Polish underfolder on it, this required drilling the extra holes for the right side stop pins. I wish I had not done this.
Basically I have a beater MAK-90 now with Bulgarian Sights, Gas Block, I am not sure of the underfolder origin but it seems it is most likely Chinese since it does not have a cover over the lock down nut and it is angled like the original AK.
I would like to see the pictures of your underfolder for comparison.
I will try to post some pics of my hack job.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#3]
i have an internal  cover for the underfoler, pm me if interested.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top