Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2009 11:51:12 AM EDT
Has anyone ever ordered one of these from Poly Technologies? I have a MAK90 that I am going to put this furniture on, but I am particular about the wood being the color as advertised and the checkered grip. I emailed the company, but have yet to hear back from them.

Thanks for all of your help.

stock set
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking to be 922 compliant?  The reason I ask is that it seems like most people go with American made stocks.

Just a heads up to make sure your parts count balances out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have all my parts for compliance. I just want to have that chinese look with the new old stock parts.

US made:

FCG
Piston
Muzzle Break
Floor plate
Follower
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Is your receiver a straight cut or slant cut back?

It makes a difference!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a straight cut receiver. It currently has synthetic furniture on it, but I'd rather it be a blonde.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell them to shoot a pic of the actual set they intend to send you. $140 seems pretty high for Chinese wood.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tell them to shoot a pic of the actual set they intend to send you. $140 seems pretty high for Chinese wood.

Ya right, they are WAY to busy for that!

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It makes a difference!

i was just browsed thru the chinese pic thread and noticed that .
so the flat back can use a pistol grip and buttstock but a slant back can only use thumbhole type stock ? is that correct ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:49:03 AM EDT
[#9]
From what I can see, yes. I have heard of people trying to machine out the slant back, but I am not sure how successful they were. The only "issue" is that my mak90 receiver is 1.6mm as opposed to the standard 1.0mm thickness. Other than that, everything attached to the rifle with no problems except for slight sanding on the buttstock.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Slant back needs a custom made stock like an Ironwood.

And I would expect pics before I laid out $140 for a $20 stock
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a buttstock from them last month. It's a blond color stock. It's not the common orange blond stock. I had to strip the finish from the upper and lower handguard and match it to the wood. It fit like a glove on my straight cut.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#12]
It will look and work great. I ordered one about a month back. It is actually the stock set that goes on the preban AKS 762 Spike Bayo rifle, so it will have the bayonet cut out in the lower handguard. They are the blonde color that you see on all preban AKS rifles.
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It makes a difference!

i was just browsed thru the chinese pic thread and noticed that .
so the flat back can use a pistol grip and buttstock but a slant back can only use thumbhole type stock ? is that correct ?

Not correct. A Slant cut receiver can use any normal butt stock.   There will be a slight gap but it will lock up just fine.

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not correct. A Slant cut receiver can use any normal butt stock.   There will be a slight gap but it will lock up just fine.

Do you have a pic of that?
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Found a pic of a Yugo. Does the Chinese receiver match the gap or is it different?

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I cannot get a pic with a wood stock anymore as I have gone with an internal ace block on my Mak.  Definetly different then the Yugo pictured above.  the Ace block makes the gap look a little bigger then a standard wood stock does but you get the picture.  I have had chinese wood, bulgy wood, chinese penolic,tapco t-6, and finally the ace blcok all in my slant cut mak.  Never been an issue and I am not ginger with this rifle.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn! And after all the caterwaulin' about slant receivers. I've never had one to worry about, so I had no idea. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn! And after all the caterwaulin' about slant receivers. I've never had one to worry about, so I had no idea. Thanks!

I Troll this forum just to point this out to people.  I see it all the time.  The slant cut is only a cosmetic hinderance.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#19]
So is there anywhere besides Ironwood to get stocks for a slant cut?
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Ironwood is the only company making stocks that fill the gap.  you can always make your own, I did long ago and it came out pretty good.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top