Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:50:06 PM EDT
This is my Romanian GP Wasr-10. I bought it on auctionarms.com great site. I am 19 years old and love the rifle. I only sent about 30 rounds through though. Loud as hell! Could you guys give me info on my gun? I want to hear good and the bad, not just the bad(I know its cheap) As you can see it has two american parts on it, the stock and forearm!
I hope the pics work. can anyone post pics for me?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i can

IM sent
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You can host them here for free

http://www.imageshack.us/
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Not an expert but pretty sure you need a few more parts to be compliant.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing that it has the tapco FCG in it, most WASRs do that are high cap. That's 3 parts right there. But I'd still check it to make sure.

That's Fire Control Group, the trigger parts. They should have USA and TAPCO engraved/written on them (in case our new parent doesn't know).
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you in Missouri?  I go to Logan CA to shoot my AK and AR15.  A lot of folks shoot assault type weapons there.  Anyway, enjoy your new rifle and don't forget to wear hearing protection!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
And I forgot,  learn how to bumpfire your AK.  You will have a big smile on your face!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
so, are we ever gonna see pics of this gun?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]
sorry guyz been iowoa. Bro I stay in Kansas City, Mo. I sent my pics
to aklover he should post them shortly but i'll try. we should get together and shoot oneday.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Nice.
Ditch the Crapco stock bro - it won't handle the recoil.
Trust me - my bud stuck one on his wasr too.
Broke during a range session.

ETA: Other than that you got yourself a pretty good entry level AK.
As far as mags go, just stick with ComBloc mags and you will be set.
Stay away from USA mags, et al.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice gun, now shoot the hell out of it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
All pics are my gun! See how the stock folds? it does have the tapco whatever, and what is bumpfire
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:46:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
All pics are my gun! See how the stock folds? it does have the tapco whatever, and what is bumpfire

bump fire = shooting realy fast.

Instructions: hold near waist
stick finger in trigger gard.
pull rifle forward till it goes BANG
keep pulling forward. HARD.

will result in a full auto like spray of fire.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what is bumpfire

Simulated full-auto.

Click Here: Then on the Bump Fire link on the left side  for video reference

Nice WASR, Kami.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Duder - I'm loving the bayonet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#16]
thank you vro! The bayonet came with the gun. It also came with cleaning kit a 20rd, 30rd and 40rd magazine plus sling! I think that's not bad for $446 after being shipped to my FFL holder and his fee. So ditch the stock? What about one of those dust cover that has a tri-rail built into it? I seen a nice scope/laser package for $40 that mounts on it. It has a slant muzzle break but the angles at which it slant seems to be off, if I push that knob it and rotate it, it aligns properly as appearing from the eye. Is it normal for it to be kinda sideways, you know not 90 degrees perpendicular or am my eyes just off?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#17]
The muzzle brake is supposed to be slanted to help push againsth te direction of the muzzle climb from recoil.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What about one of those dust cover that has a tri-rail built into it? I seen a nice scope/laser package for $40 that mounts on it.

From what I've heard you want to stay away from the Dust Cover's with scope mounts on them. I guess they wont hold your zero when you remove them to clean your weapon. Did your rifle come with the Side mount for a scope? If so you can get a side mount that will hold zero. I'd just spend some time looking around the optics forum to get some good info on what you may want.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
yeah it did come with that provision. Yeah I research a lil first. I want it to last me a long time. thanks to all you guys, ya'll are so helpful and I appreciate it really.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey nice looking rifle! Just wondering...who is taking the pic (holding the camera) in this pic?

If it's a human,, just a little frendly advice...never point a gun, loaded or not at annother person, unless you want to kill them. It's always the gun that was supposed to be empty and unloaded that accidentally goes off and kills someone! Good Luck with your new gun!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#22]
If you want a folding stock, buy one of the Romanian folding stocks for sale in the Equipment Exchange.  They will fit your WASR with no modification and are solid as a rock.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#23]
me friend jeremy the white guy in the other pic! Is that foldind stock a full stock or thin wire like a underfolder
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Is that foldind stock a full stock or thin wire like a underfolder

The 'wire' on the Romanian and E. German 'wire stock' is around 1cm in diameter, it's steel, and will only break if something very unfortunate happens to your rifle. The Romanian stock has a button release, while the E.German model has a 'lever'. If you're worried about how sturdy the stocks are, get rid of your current one. The E. German folder is considered more sturdy as it has two anchoring points in the rifle, but is a little more tricky to install.
You can see a picture of said stock here: http://copesdist.com/images/SideFolder.jpg
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that foldind stock a full stock or thin wire like a underfolder

The 'wire' on the Romanian and E. German 'wire stock' is around 1cm in diameter, it's steel, and will only break if something very unfortunate happens to your rifle. The Romanian stock has a button release, while the E.German model has a 'lever'. If you're worried about how sturdy the stocks are, get rid of your current one.
You can see a picture of said stock here: http://copesdist.com/images/SideFolder.jpg

A big +1.
made the pic hot
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#26]
You're right bro, That was a dumb move and I'm not doing it again unless someone tries and run in my house.(point a gun at another) loaded or not. I wanted that shot w/the camera but was not being sensible. You are right again. the last thing i want to do is give the politicians something to nag on us about guys! I APOLOGIZE TO YOU all and my FRIEND JEREMY
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#27]
where just might I find a scope/laser that will bolt right up to my ak side mount? I looked in the equipment exchange forum and came up empty handed?
(edit double post)
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You're right bro, That was a dumb move and I'm not doing it again unless someone tries and run in my house.(point a gun at another) loaded or not. I wanted that shot w/the camera but was not being sensible. You are right again. the last thing i want to do is give the politicians something to nag on us about guys! I APOLOGIZE TO YOU all and my FRIEND JEREMY

A very sensible and diplomatic response....I wasn't trying to rag on you dude, just wanting to point out something a wise man taught me once...I hope you have alot of fun with your new rifle, and with your friend tearing up some targets at the range....This is a real fun hobby/Sport. I really love it.Cheers!

PS.. the best sights I've seen for the AK are here:tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html
And Tantal is a great guy to deal with...I just got my Kobra, and although I haven't had a chance to try it yet, I can already see I'm gonna love it! Later!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
PS.. the best sights I've seen for the AK are here:tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html
And Tantal is a great guy to deal with...I just got my Kobra, and although I haven't had a chance to try it yet, I can already see I'm gonna love it! Later!

Which model do you have? I have an EKP-1S-03M, and I couldn't be happier. Though my first one had some issues, Tantal happily replaced it with a fully functioning unit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey, just wanted to wish you happy shooting man. Enjoy your new AK!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:49:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I got the EKP-08-02..it's pretty awesome...the red dot is pretty small, but pretty clear as-well...the instructions say 1.8 MOA at 100 yds, or approx 25 cm accuracy...we'll see!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#32]
how much r they there are no prices listed?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
The prices can vary, but when I purchased mine it was $185.00 shipped. E-mail him for a current price list.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#34]
nice weapon, enjoy it man!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Welcome to black rifles!  The WASR isn't a bad start at all.  

For optics, you can either get a russian red dot like a PK-AS or PK-AV (www.freedomoptics.com), a Kobra red dot, or just buy a mount that connects to your side mount and puts a rail above your receiver.  I use the third option with an Aimpoint.  It's overkill for an AK, but I wanted the aimpoint for when I finally buck up for my AR-15.  PLEASE don't waste your money on a dust cover mount.  The dust cover is sheet metal and was never made to lock tight enough to mount a scope on.

Have fun with your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Thank You. All of you! I think I am going to go with the Kobra model EKP-1S-03M, or Ekp-8-02. I like the look of them and what the can do.(functionality) Yeah after taking off the dust cover I can see why it wouldn't be a wise choice to buy a scope mounted on top of it. Now how about ammunition. I getting tired of going to walmart and getting 40 winchesters for $20. I seen this website were I can get 1000 rounds for $100. does anyone know of this site or any other with similar prices?
Thanks in Advace Fellas
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Now how about ammunition. I getting tired of going to walmart and getting 40 winchesters for $20. I seen this website were I can get 1000 rounds for $100. does anyone know of this site or any other with similar prices?

That sounds like the situation that I was in the day I got my AK...
Just hang out in the Ammunition forums to find alot of links to cheaper prices on ammo. I've been going to the local Gun store and getting 20 round boxes of Wolf for $3. But I ended up buying there whole supply.
You could always order from Sportmans Guide but they are on backorder. If I find more links I'll IM you with them.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=217522
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Good price on ammo=gunshow.....Best price on ammo=order directly from company on the internet....Ammoman is pretty good, and all prices include shipping. Good-Luck
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Good price on ammo=gunshow.....Best price on ammo=order directly from company on the internet....Ammoman is pretty good, and all prices include shipping. Good-Luck

I just went to the Columbia Missouri Gun Show and the cheapest 7.62 was WOLF and it was $5 for a 20 round box.
I can still find it around St. Louis and KC for about $3 a box. So I just passed on that "deal"
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just went to the Columbia Missouri Gun Show and the cheapest 7.62 was WOLF and it was $5 for a 20 round box.
I can still find it around St. Louis and KC for about $3 a box. So I just passed on that "deal"

Interesting....I can usually save about a buck a box at the gunshow/2-3bucks versus 3-4 bucks at the gunstores locally for a box of 20 Wolf FMJ....I guess it depends on where you are. Of-course, you will definately find better prices ordered directly from a dealer and shipped to your home.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah that's the whole reason I went there was to get ammo, but atleast I walk out with a sight adjustment tool and a 10 round mag
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#42]
bump to the top
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#43]
how much r the scopes the link brought me too there are no prices?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#44]
This is directly from Tantal in an email I recieved:
Terron, thank you very much for your request for ordering information.  I value the opportunity to earn your business, and will make sure you are happy with both the products and the services we provide.

We stock all available items within the United States, ready for immediate shipping by three day Priority Mail delivery from Texas.  There are no delays or customs hassles when ordering from us.  All of our optical products carry a factory authorized 1 year warranty which we fully support in the US.

All currently manufactured models of Kobra sights are in stock at this time, and we have marked them down for immediate sale at one low price.  I will also provide free shipping for destinations within the US. Below you will find a pricing excerpt from our master price listing.

KOBRA SIGHTS:

GEN 1+  KOBRA SIGHT

EKP-1S-03M    (KALASHNIKOV SIDE MOUNTING)

USES REGULAR AA BATTERIES

LATEST 2004 PRODUCTION!  Newly upgraded after extensive use on the Chechen battlefields, combat sight EKP-1S-03M is the latest version of the original side mounting AK model using AA battery type. Versions of this sight have been identified in photographs of SPETsNAZ forces in action in Chechnya, attached to the mounts of Russian AK-74M rifles.  

Model -03M has several improvements designed for severe use, including a reinforced, finned mounting bracket that offers more rigidity and strength over all previous models.  Advantages over previous models include a much stronger, rock solid mounting bracket, and regular AA battery operation. It is also the only model currently offered with the popular rubber anti-glint hood, commonly referred to as a "sun shield".

Compared to other optical aids,  Kobra most closely matches the performance, range, and primary strengths of the Kalashnikov rifle. It has the ability to make the shooter more effective as a small arms operator by enabling him to acquire targets more rapidly, aim without the need to align sights, and pay more attention to the surrounding field of view while keep both eyes open. We have found that most people who have tried the sight are extremely happy with it, and have become more accurate and enjoy using it over the iron sights

Kobra is shipped to you with full accessories (in original factory packaging) to include new high quality batteries, rubber "sun shield" hood, manual, cleaning cloth and manual. This model uses standard 1.5 volt AA batteries and has 4 improved reticle patterns. Includes the newest design ballistic nylon belt carried field case in authentic Russian camouflage patterns. These will fit all forms of European AK side mounting plates (bases).  If you do not have one, we also carry Russian designed mounting base installation kits.

EKP-1S-03M     Kobra combat sight, for AK side mounting, uses AA batteries, mint new in factory packaging    SALE!  $179.95  (+ $5.85 shipping)   IN STOCK

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/media/74mkob001.JPG

EKP-8-02

GENERATION II

SIDE MOUNTING AK VERSION  

EKP-8-02 is currently under evaluation by various Russian special forces. Developed using feedback gained on the Chechen battlefields, this version offers improved performance and ergonomics. Out of the box, this unit will fit the side mounting plate of the AK rifles to include SAR series, Saiga based models (AK-103), Vepr I and II, Arsenal, 74MP, MPK, etc., and is shipped to you (in original factory packing) with one new battery, special adjusting tool, cleaning cloth, and manual. EKP-8-02 uses an standard 3V keyless remote/calculator coin type lithium battery.

EKP-8-02 features include a slightly raised optical lens for an unobstructed field of view, ergonomically positioned right side weatherized controls with easy to adjust sure-grip range and windage dials, weatherproofed assembly (and battery compartment), and higher cold weather performance due to the battery type.

Four improved reticle patterns (changed at the push of a button), and 16 brightness variations offers limitless flexibility. Includes a newly redesigned ballistic nylon belt carried field case currently available in Russian Woodland or MVD Taiga camouflage pattern.

Kobra EKP-8-02 will fit all forms of European AK side mounting plates.  If you do not have an optics side plate on your rifle, we also carry Russian designed MPK and 74MP models, listed below. Buy the sight and side plate as a set and the side plate is sold at a discount (see below).

EKP-8-02 Generation 2 model  SALE!   $179.95  (+ $5.85 shipping)  IN STOCK

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/high/G204.jpg

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/high/G205.jpg

EKP-8-18

GENERATION II

WEAVER/PICATINNEY MOUNTING VERSION  

EKP-8-18 is a Generation 2 Kobra collimating sight unavailable until now to the commercial market. Generation 2 Kobra variants were developed using feedback gained on the Chechen battlefields, offering improved performance and ergonomics. The EKP-8-18 is assembled out of the box to mount on all versions of Weaver/Picatinney weapons accessory rail systems.  

The Weaver clamp design of the EKP-8-18 is ultra-thin, drastically reducing the overall height of the unit when it is installed, compared to earlier Weaver Kobra designs. Generation 2 features include a redesigned optical lens for an unobstructed field of view, ergonomically positioned right side weatherized controls with easy to adjust sure-grip range and windage dials, weatherproofed assembly (and battery compartment), and higher cold weather performance due to the battery type.  

EKP-8-18 is shipped to you (in original factory packing) with one new battery, special adjusting tool, cleaning cloth, and manual. EKP-8-02 uses a standard 3V keyless remote/calculator coin type lithium battery.

Four improved reticle patterns (changed at the push of a button), and 16 brightness variations offers limitless flexibility. Includes a newly redesigned ballistic nylon belt carried field case currently available in a "Russian Woodland" camouflage pattern.

EKP-8-18   Weaver/Picatinney model, with new low profile mounting bracket  SALE!  $179.95  (+ $5.85 shipping) IN STOCK

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/media2/ekp81804.jpg

If you would like to receive a full master products listing, rather than just this small portion, please let me know and I will send this to you at once. I appreciate it, and will make sure you receive a notice when your letter arrives, and we will ship immediately.  I will send you a delivery confirmation number so you can track the order at that time.

Regards,
Tantal

PAYMENT METHODS:
We accept most forms of payment, to include personal checks, cashiers checks, money orders, and possible trades.  We can take credit cards only via online services such as www.PayPal.com.  Please make all money orders and checks payable to Doug Ford.  PAYPAL account: [email protected] or [email protected]

MAILING ADDRESS (for checks, money orders, etc.):

Doug Ford
P. O. Box 2215
Vernon, TX 76385

CREDIT CARD SERVICES:

www.PayPal.com  PayPal is a fast, secure, and simple online credit card service. Please check it out if you are wishing to use a credit card. Upon completion of your PayPal transaction, we will receive immediate notification and your items will be shipped within 12-16 hours. Be sure to include a shipping address in the message portion of your PayPal transaction.  We would like to announce that all Paypal fees are waived on credit card purchases.  

TEXAS SALES TAX:

We ship from Texas, USA. Due to this location, we must require Texas residents to include 8.25% of the purchase price with each order.

SHIPPING:

We ship by United States Postal Service (USPS) Priority Mail, unless specified otherwise below or you request another method.  In most cases, we ship next business day after receipt of funds.  Please ensure you include an e-mail address if you send your funds by letter, so we can send a shipping confirmation. All shipping charges quoted below are based on CONUS shipping only.  Any other locations must be discussed in advance of payment.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Thinking about getting a Kobra optic on your AK also huh?

IM me your email and I'll send you some pics I saw of the actual display, I think that will pretty much sell you on it.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#46]
hey kamikaze thx for the info on the sights. If you dont have a hundred to spend on ammo you can get wolf ammo for less than $3 for 20 rds at dunhams or gander mtn, dont know if you have any out there. This is more expensive than buying bulk but if u aint got 100 dollars for ammo n wanna shoot thats the thing 2 do. Have a good time with ur commie gun, i know i do
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't know if he delivers as its a local pawnshop but I just picked up yesterday 25 boxes of Wolf 122 gr. HP20 round boxes. Not to mention I got these at just $2.50 a box, I don't know if thats a decent price but after looking around on the board I see that I got a good deal. I have his contact card if anyone wants the information.
BTW  I'm in Kansas City, Missouri
Here's a Pic of my rifle for those of your not in the Romanian Board:)
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/4631/kgroup5pa.th.jpg http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/8323/akoutside14wi.th.jpg http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/2391/akunfoldedoutside4kz.th.jpg http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/1569/gp19oj.th.jpg http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6569/romaniangpwasr100fy.th.jpg http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/3792/myak7wc.th.jpg http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/4396/meandmyak1ku.th.jpg http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/6098/kay864oi.th.jpg
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#48]
I own both a WASR and a SAR1.  Both are great rifles.  Only problem I had with the SAR was it had horrible trigger slap, but that is fixed.  My WASR is low cap but I plan on keeping it that way.  Just kind of a nice little brush beater.  Have a few 10 round magazines and a 5 for hunting if I use it.  I have 7 romy kits that I've begun building.  Once you buy one, you're gonna get hooked for more.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#49]
fyi, most dealers who only list prices via email usually do not want the email listing posted publicly.... i dont know if that is the case with tantal or not though

otherwise, nice rifle. as said above, ditch the tapco stock (crap) for a metal EG or romy stock

the us parts on your gun are (probably)
pistol  grip (not marked maybe marked with a C),
piston (not marked),
slant brake (not marked maybe marked with a C),
FGC tapco usa,
us stock. (dont you love how poorly century marks their us parts?)

ps. probaly could have got it a little cheaper. wasr gp's were ~$330 shipped at AIM or www.classicarms.us a while ago with wood stock and 2 30rd, sling, oiler, bayo, etc
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#50]
yeah but i think he may have bought it with the galil style hg's and crapco stock
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top