Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/9/2005 9:25:10 PM EDT
Yes, its full auto....and it is a bat outta hell. Krinks....to short=GHEY. AK104, too long. Like our trigger finger mag release. If you think this one is kinda cool, the next one is going to be completely bizzarre. You won't know what the hell it is.....but you will like it. Gay-ron-teed.

An example of our Rivit work.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:33:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:35:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 9:47:27 PM EDT by _DR]
The Diopter sights are a nice touch, very nice.

Now, 48th, you are going to tell me why there are Soviet patches on a Canadian Armed Forces Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (EME) Corporal's green Battledress Field Jacket.

I lived in Quebec for 10 years not too far from the Val Cartier Canadian Army Base in the 70's and early 80's, I'd recognize that style BDU, those buttons and that insignia anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 9:55:18 PM EDT by 48thHighlander]
I just used my old smock for a back drop. The spetznaz patches are not sewn on, they are just thrown on there.

Yes, I am sorry to say I was a corporal after 5 years of service. Qualified to SGT if that tells you anything (in 2 trades no less).

I was big...drunk...and not always happy.

Sorry you had to live in Quebec . Only kidding. If you lived there you know how they feel about us English Pigs (Couchons). In Quebec RCEME is RCGEM. It may as well be a different country and a different military.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:01:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 48thHighlander:
I just used my old smock for a back drop. The spetznaz patches are not sewn on, they are just thrown on there.

Yes, I am sorry to say I was a corporal after 5 years of service. Qualified to SGT if that tells you anything.

I was big...drunk...and not always happy.

Sorry you had to live in Quebec . Only kidding. If you lived there you know how they feel about us English Pigs (Couchons).

Well I was an American immigrant, due to my Dad's job, lived there from 6th grade until I graduated high school, was in the cadet program, but then went to basic training in the US when I was 19. I lived there at the height of the separatist violence, I remember the bombings, martial law and Pierre Laporte being abducted and murdered, even the building of the bridge in his name. Pretty much was over by the time I graduated HS, but being Anglo definitely made one the odd man out. I have friends who are still in the Canadian Forces, Navy.

I alway had respect for the Canadian Forces, still do. They were small compared to the US, but they got the job done. Nothing wrong with Corporal/SGT, the smaller force size means promotions come slower. NCOs are the backbone of any army.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:35:46 PM EDT
Call me crazy, but that thing looks great and makes me think of a Sig 552! (Short one)

Ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:23:41 AM EDT
What is the barrel length on that Micro monster?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 1:40:45 AM EDT by Darkest2000]
at least you can say it's "different"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:47:08 AM EDT
Nice looking rifle.

Max
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:31:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:18:34 AM EDT
Nice job! Is the ironsight useable with that rail mount in the middle?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:29:20 AM EDT
You gonna be selling the Galil stock adapters?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:32:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:26:29 AM EDT
That thing is cool! Do the sights work properly and compensate for the .223? Is it a full auto ro SBR?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:33:21 AM EDT
I like the mag release. You sell those seperately? I'd pick up a few trigger guards w/ those installed
if you do.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:19:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:13:13 AM EDT
48thHighlander

Nice looking rig. Who did the build?

The receiver says 5.45x39mm but it look like a .223 (5.56x45mm), Which is it?

Cool factor off the scales!

Spud47
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:20:34 AM EDT
Hondo, Texas? I drove through there last weekend! Maybe I need to come personally inspect that awesome little creation this weekend! Darn, I knew I should have bought a bunch of ammo last weekend at the Saxet gun show...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:26:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Spud47:
48thHighlander

Spud47

.223, look at the mag :P
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:30:05 AM EDT

I like the mag release. You sell those seperately? I'd pick up a few trigger guards w/ those installed if you do

+1

Need a couple of those mag catches for sure!

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:39:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ugh:
You gonna be selling the Galil stock adapters?

+1 I wanna know this too!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:47:19 AM EDT
awesome rifle, would love a semi-auto version since we in RI can't have full auto's
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Spud47:
48thHighlander

Spud47

Grenadier Precision (myself and Darren) did the build. The rifle is 5.45 but we used the 5.56 mag for the photo as the 5.45 mags are in route from K-var.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:56:49 AM EDT
Interesting. I like the mag release, looks to be a much better solution than the RSA sheet metal one.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket here, but... are you guys working on stuff like this instead of the FAL Convertable Optics Platform?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:12:31 AM EDT
Very interesting weapon! Question: will any of the components you used be brought to market? I'm very interested. Also, you might try that beast out with a G6A2 Vortex. Unlike the Phantom, the Vortex is sound suppressor capable. Just the ticket for this beast.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:12:46 AM EDT
I HATE AR/AK Hybrids, usually, but that thing is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:15:45 AM EDT
Damn, I'll buy an AK top cover with HK rear sight. How much?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:28:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EHilderbrand:

+1
LOVE THE SIGHTS!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:40:46 AM EDT
The whole thing is very well done. I'm waiting to hear how well it shoots! And, just for shits and giggles, I'd like to know if you got the folding rear stock the same place I did. Israeli guy at the SHOT show in the row next to the wall near the end?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:43:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Thekatar:
I don't mean to be a wet blanket here, but... are you guys working on stuff like this instead of the FAL Convertable Optics Platform?

The FAL COP mounts are currently being worked on. We just ran short on CNC machine time. We are currently limited to one CNC milling center as we are a budding small company. The ARM-R was a bigger sucess than we originally planned for and that put us behind the ball machine time wise. This AK build plus our other build projects do not effect the production times or the ARM-R rails or the FAL COP mount as no CNC machine time is used on them, only manual lathe and mill work. Just bare with us, you will be very pleased when you get your mount.

Jesse Gomez
Grenadier Precision

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:49:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 11:50:36 AM EDT by Gamma762]
That's almost nice enough for me to consider getting an AK
Something similar with a 16" barrel and probably without the optics mount perhaps. Semi of course. And the long Saiga handguard.
Is that 7.62x39 or 5.45mm?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:51:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dorsai:
The whole thing is very well done. I'm waiting to hear how well it shoots! And, just for shits and giggles, I'd like to know if you got the folding rear stock the same place I did. Israeli guy at the SHOT show in the row next to the wall near the end?

www.hunt101.com/img/312897-big.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/312898-big.jpg

Darren got the stock from someone on one of the exchange boards. I do know it was not SHOT show. To bad we missed you there, all I remember was showing up everyday at around mid-day because of the recovery from the night before.

Anyway I have done Galil to AK retrofits before here is a look at my Polish AK with one:
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:55:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By misterjg:

Originally Posted By Thekatar:

The FAL COP mounts are currently being worked on. We just ran short on CNC machine time. We are currently limited to one CNC milling center as we are a budding small company. The ARM-R was a bigger sucess than we originally planned for and that put us behind the ball machine time wise. This AK build plus our other build projects do not effect the production times or the ARM-R rails or the FAL COP mount as no CNC machine time is used on them, only manual lathe and mill work. Just bare with us, you will be very pleased when you get your mount.

Jesse Gomez
Grenadier Precision

That is good to know and I will be looking forward to it and other products. You might want to throw these guys a bone, though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:24:45 PM EDT
Dorsai,

Back when you got your Galil stop adapter you mentioned a distributer here in the US would bestocking them soon. 6 months has passed, who is it?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:30:53 PM EDT
I've emailed the company asking about buying 5 of them since that is there minimum order, but they have yet to return my email. If I can get the adapters, I will have 4 to sell.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:36:32 PM EDT
WOW!!! Nice AK Hybrid! I want one!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:40:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 6:51:34 PM EDT by misterjg]
Specs:

Bulgy 5.45 donor kit
Armory USA 5.45 receiver
Saiga receiver cover (smooth) with HK base & drum sight (by Grenadier Precision AKA GP)
Phantom Flash hider
Barrel cut to 10" crowned and threaded (by GP)
Custom mag release w/sex bolt (no rivet) (by GP)
Front sight/gas block (Krebs custom - no longer in production - Reproduction possibly to be made by GP)
Galil R4 stock cut down 1.5" (by GP)
Gas system cut down by 1.25" (by GP)
Custom Piston (by HotBarrel)
Scope mount (by Millet) to be replaced by GP low-profile unit at a later time
Polish 7.62 FCG w/rate reducer (hammer recontoured for use in 5.45 by GP)
Egro FAL grip reworked for use on AK (future thumb selector to be added by GP)
Mag opening slightly enlarged to allow mags to drop free (by GP)
TR Gun-Kote in Flat Tan and Flat Black
Bulgy smoked transparent 5.56 mag in photo
Rivet work (by GP)

Price tag: Priceless
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:04:28 PM EDT
You mean Armory 5.45 receiver, right?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:21:03 PM EDT
Ugh,
It was FAC. Since they went tits up, I am unaware of anyone else looking to import them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:27:53 PM EDT
I know I said it before, but you really did a nice job. It would be more expensive, but the next step is to see about fabricating a new block for the gas tube that doesn't have the rear sight base. Something like the Saiga or Krebs. I really like the Galils, so if I could build one of these, I'd probably go with a true Galil handguard as well and weld on an upturned bolt handle.

Now for the really modern (right handed shooter) AK, mill a slot on the left side and weld a bolt handle on the left side of the bolt carrier instead of the right. That way you don't have that awkward reach with the left hand.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:32:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dorsai:
I know I said it before, but you really did a nice job. It would be more expensive, but the next step is to see about fabricating a new block for the gas tube that doesn't have the rear sight base. Something like the Saiga or Krebs. I really like the Galils, so if I could build one of these, I'd probably go with a true Galil handguard as well and weld on an upturned bolt handle.

Now for the really modern (right handed shooter) AK, mill a slot on the left side and weld a bolt handle on the left side of the bolt carrier instead of the right. That way you don't have that awkward reach with the left hand.

Or get a Daewoo...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:21:55 PM EDT
Have test fired it yet?

I wonder how effective the flash hider is on a 10" barrel. I am having a Krink built and I wonder weather that short of a barrel would be a flame thrower?

Spud47
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:18:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

+1
LOVE THE SIGHTS!

+1,that thing is AWESOME!

Needs an optic !

Ben
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:46:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

+1
LOVE THE SIGHTS!

+1,that thing is AWESOME!

Needs an optic !

Ben

I will be cutting down the rail and installing a Doctor red dot in the next few weeks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:47:52 PM EDT
Jesse, Darren -

If you guys decide to make the FSB/Gas Block combo, make it in two versions. One that fits the 45 degree gas ports, i.e. all AKM, SAR-1, SAR-2, SAR-3, AK-47; and one to fit the 90 degree gas blocks. If they are reasonably priced, I think they would be good sellers.

You guys really did a great job modernizing the AK. I never thought an AK would look good in any color other than black or maybe gray, but that finish just keeps looking better and better. I wish I had the skills and gear to play around with projects like this.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:11:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:18:29 PM EDT
Any chance you might be working on a (galil type?) thumb safety for a rifle like that?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:55:49 PM EDT
That is SWEET!

BTW nugentgl, if you get those adapters, save one for me.
Top Top