Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/27/2006 1:03:46 PM EDT
are these accurate(as in group wise) or actualy any good, cheapest ak I know of. But my main concern is the magazine, I have read that some dont accept double stack/highcap mags. Does any one know if this one does? or how do you know if these can take any Ak47 mag. And can any of these wasr's take any ak mag
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The romanians I have seen are both single- or double-stack. The doubles are singles that have been widened to take the double mags. You can see this by the fact that they have no dimple above the mag slot to provide structural strength. I have a single and enjoy it as my "beater" ak.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as accuracy is concerned, it's a right pretty rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
can I get a 100yr group?hippie.gif
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not the best shot, but I can put 10 outa 10 into an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. Thats not really going for accuracy, but more of a "sustained fire" Thats with me WASR 7.6x39 FMJ. After hearing about how bad the accuracy was from so many people, I was rather impressed the first time I shot it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not the best shot, but I can put 10 outa 10 into an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. Thats not really going for accuracy, but more of a "sustained fire" Thats with me WASR 7.6x39 FMJ. After hearing about how bad the accuracy was from so many people, I was rather impressed the first time I shot it.

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I've owned SAR-1's and just got my first WASR10 hicap the other day.  The mag changes are a little slicker on the SAR to be sure. That said accuracy and overall quality are about the same.  You can shoot one inch groups all day long (as long as it's at 25 yards off a rest!-LOL)  I'd say the average 7.62x39 AK is going to turn in 4-5 MOA on average with rusky ammo. Some brands (like barnaul) may bring in slightly better performance. First few hundred rounds I had no problems or failures as of yet.  3 out of ten 20 round mags from tapco didn't fit the rifle right....the same mags were a little snug but fit fine in in an old milled Norinco AK. Not sure what the deal there is...need to try some more 30's and see if it needs some adjustment to the mag catch or what. Threads were not buggered up...everything seems to work right.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Do all WASR's come with scope rails/mounting things LOL. I just want to know because I plan on getting another higher quality one(SA M 7) and I want to use the same scope on both so, I just want to know, I think the wasrs do
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#9]
...Yes, all WASRs have the scope rail on the left side.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#10]
The WASR-10 is a good rifle. If you are a novice with machines and such, just buy the double stack, pistol gripped type to begin with. If you are experienced with machines and taking stuff apart, you can buy a single stack type, a US made stock and parts kit, and open the mag well up with a dremel, or you can use a file and liberal application of elbow grease to do that.

As for its accuracy, I can consistently peg a 10" diameter peice of granite (a great reactive target btw, it makes a dust cloud that appears and disappears in an instant) at 100 meters, and that is sustained rapid fire, with uncorrected 20/70 vision. Just inspect the bore, and make sure the front sight isnt canted whe you buy it and you should be good to go.

One other thing, if you use the same scope for both rifles, chances are they wont have the same zero, you should probably zero it on both weapons and mark the knobs with color coded ticks (ie. red ticks line up for one rifle, blue ticks for the other, etc). Also, depending on the exact mount you use, whether a picatinny base or a scope with an integrated mount like the russian military type, you might have zero retention issues as you transfer it from one to the other repeatedly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
" front sight isnt canted" what does that mean
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
" front sight isnt canted" what does that mean

When they first began to be imported/built/sold as WASR-10s, there were a few reports that some of the front sights not being exactly UPRIGHT as in VERTICAL, but were tilted to one side. The reports claimed that some were as much as 30 degrees off, but I believe this was exagerated. I only saw photgraphic evidence of one such rifle, and the cant was maybe 10-15 degrees at the most. It apparently was a rare problem to begin with, and as far as I know has been completely eliminated. Dont get the idea that it is a common problem, it certainly isnt. I have never seen it first hand, and it could have been a hoax to make romanian rifles look bad. It is just something to look for, just like inspecting bores, checking the action for smooth cycling, looking at the fit of everything, etc. Always be suspicious anytime you make a considerable investment.

Better safe than ripped off is a lesson you will either learn the easy way or the expensive way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]
after dremeling down (lightly!) and some gunsmith filing to round the edges of the mag catch my WASR10 now swaps mags as easily as the SAR-1 does. I tried the magwell opening on the rear corners I had seen suggested here...it didn't make any difference.  In my case the mag catch needs some "adjusting" Now all mags fit and swap slick as can be. Other than even crappier wood and even crappier trigger than the SAR-1 the quallity is about the same I'd say once you "de-Century-iffy" whatever they goofed on it (in my case the afore-mentioned mag catch) they run as good as any plow.  I'm thinking a redstar trigger upgrade will not be far off...they are crappy import surplus junk compared to a fine Colt, RRA or LM&T AR BUT they are REALLY FUN!! and cool looking cheap pieces of commie junk....everyone needs at least 2!!hey
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#14]
My Romanian has a little bit of tilt to the right side on the front sight, but it doesn't affect the accuracy or anything.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top