Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 8/6/2012 6:41:28 PM EDT
I'm sure that most of you have seen Travis Haley's ak on a thread at one point or another.  I am not looking to build a rifle like his, I only want to replicate his dual acr charging handles.  After many nights trolling the web I have come to the conclusion that, shy of buying an acr and pilfering said rifles charging handles, I will not find acr charging handles.  Oh what great sadness.  However, I am hoping that one of you, yes maybe YOU, may be Able to help me.  I do not want a lightenin bolt or a Galil charging handle.  The acr is perfect or maybe an hk style handle.  really Im just fishing, hoping someone has an acceptable alternative.   Any ideas would be Appreciated.  Thank you.   Jacob.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 8:06:54 PM EDT
Im not sure exactly what your talking about as far as his rifle. I dont remember it real well, but maybe this is something like what your looking for. Maybe its not, but will get you started some way or another? My neighbor is an awsome welder, and Ive been thinking of getting a bolt carrier to weld a charging handle on the left side. Then again ive been thinking of doing something like what I think your talking about with the piston. im just looking for a better way than reaching under/around the gun.

Ratchet
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 1:26:39 PM EDT
You're talking about this one right?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/detailed_inc/IMG_2190.jpg

Here's something real close, but it uses a second AK charging handle instead of an ACR charging handle. AK Lightning Bolt
Couldn't hurt to shoot these guys an email or call them and see if they're willing to do a custom job.

Top Top