Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 9:49:49 PM EDT
Got this rifle on a trade and hoping i didn't get screwed. Noticed when I got home that the front sight post is way to the right which i think i can fix with a good elevation/windage adjustment tool, but on the right side of the trunnion the barrel pin hole looks like it has either has half a pin or no pin at all. The left side is completely flush but the right side is def hollow. I know century has some shoddy workmanship out there, but i can't believe that this would make it out of the factory. Previous owner claims to have shot 100 rounds and it does have some residue so i know its been fired more than once, but frankly this makes me feel uneasy. Only other avail info is it was built on DCI reciever. Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4094/part1288220239042.jpg

Forgot to actually ask a question! So is this even normal for this rifle, and if not, should it be returned to CAI? I don't want to shoot it if it could be unsafe even if it would be more of a long term issue and not a shot term....
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That is not good. There should be one pin that is long enough to be flush on both sides (or longer). The only reason I can think of for being that short is a clearance problem. Return it if you can.

The rotated FSP indicates that the barrel may have been pressed in a bit rotated. That could prevent the pin from being installed properly.

Or, if the holes look clear so that a proper pin will fit, the fix would be pretty easy with a new pin and the right tools - a properly sized punch and a big hammer. If the way is not clear, you've got problems. Have an experienced smith check it out, including the headspacing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Since it is a Yugo and it has a bulged trunnion is it possibly there is a standard length pin installed? That would explain why it would be short. How far is the pin in on the non flush side? You just may need a yugo barrel pin.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Order a new pin from Apex Arms or some place. Its an easy fix and right now the rifle isn't safe or at least I wouldn't run like it is for risk of ruining the trunnion or upsetting headspace.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top