Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:48:45 PM EDT
I just got the new flyer from CFS this weekend and it shows 4- AK mags for $19.99...I think I'll get on on this....anyone else going to?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
i think its been on their website for the past 2 weeks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered 4 sets. I'll see how they are and then order some more if they are good mags.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered some about 2 weeks ago - typical used AK47 mags.  Not any worse then the mags I have paid $8 for from CDNN.  A few dimples, a spot of rust on one magazine on the feed lip.  Well worth $20.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got mine today....the mags look great! There is a little surface rust on a couple of small places, and they need cleaning, but usually I have to pay about $10 bucks apiece for mags this good at the gunshow...!!I'm real happy....I also got the AK accessory kit for $15 bucks....there is a mag pouch, cleaning kit, gun lock, thumbhole stock,broken shell extractor, slant brake, sling, and blank firing adapter in the kit...it was all there, and looks good, the cleaning kit needs cleaning!LOL but it's good, the mag pouch is brand new, so is the sling(it's leather)..I can't use the slant brake, or blank firing adapter, because the threads are wrong, but All-in-all I think everything was a real good deal!! The thumbhole stock is even new! I would highly recommend this deal! Cheers!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine came in the other day. I was very pleased with the condition. Some had minor rust. I would get more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine came today. I ordered 16 and 1 was very good, 7 were lightly rusted and the other 8 were crusted with rust.

I honestly can't recommend them and won't order from them again.

It really wasn't a deal imo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
That's too bad, the twelve I got were in great shape. Couple had some pitting and minor rust but after I cleaned them up they looked great.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys, 30 round AK mags for less than $5 are gonna be guess-and-test. If your mag is coated in rust, tear it apart (heck use a screwdriver and hammer if you need to) and scrub it with steel wool and solvent. Scrub the F out of it, and polish the follower. As long as the spring isn't gone, you can use it. And if the spring is rusted, clean it off and try it. You will 99% of the time end up with a fugly but functional mag. Spray the mag with black spraypaint and bake it. Boom, new looking mag that works for $5. The mag is cheap, the finish is cheap. The pitting will be hidden by the paint and the mag works. It's a deal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered 32 of them and 98% of them were new with storage marks
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Guys, 30 round AK mags for less than $5 are gonna be guess-and-test. If your mag is coated in rust, tear it apart (heck use a screwdriver and hammer if you need to) and scrub it with steel wool and solvent. Scrub the F out of it, and polish the follower. As long as the spring isn't gone, you can use it. And if the spring is rusted, clean it off and try it. You will 99% of the time end up with a fugly but functional mag. Spray the mag with black spraypaint and bake it. Boom, new looking mag that works for $5. The mag is cheap, the finish is cheap. The pitting will be hidden by the paint and the mag works. It's a deal.

Is there a way to disassemble the body and put it back together?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Rub it in Dan.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is there a way to disassemble the body and put it back together?

The body, no, but you don't need too.

1. Press in the little dimple in the hole of the floorplate at the bottom of the mag.
2. While holding that dimple up, slide the floorplate off towards the back of the mag.
3. With the floorplate off, the spring and follower fall right out.
4. Use a phosphor-bronze 12 gauge brush to clean out the inside of the mags.
5. Wipe off/polish the followers.
6. Wipe off the lips and outside with polish and oil.
7. Oil the springs, the followers and reassemble.
8. If the finish is pathetic, strip it off and use a degreaser, then refinish it. Enamel, black spraypaint, tons of options. It is easy to do and as one member already said it works overnight. So if you have 12 mags that look like crap, spend 3 hours working on them, you took $5 mags and made $12 mags out of them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is that 8 4 packs of mags or 32 4 packs of mags?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#15]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]
just to update...they're sold out
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top