Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:59:27 AM EDT
Lois,
Any idea on when the new shipment will be in? I know there are several members here waiting anxiously, and some were told 1 week 2 weeks ago? Pam told me 1st week in February.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Told me second week of Feb. here it is no rifle as of yet.  When I call I get different answers.  Century is just slow.  I placed my order around the 10th of January.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They told me 1 week in mid January.  I canceled and ordered one for the same price from somewhere else last week who didn’t jack me around on the date.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Any news yet???????
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I just talked to Pam yesterday, she said that they were supposed to be in like 3-4 weeks ago but nothing as of yet.  I will let you guys know if I hear anything......  (I'm waiting for 2 of them myself. )
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The word I got is it will be next week when they arrive--per phone conversation with Pam today. Supposedly these were to arrive today but didn't get there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally talked to somebody who was strait with me today.  Name was Lois she said supposed to have been here today or any day now.  If you talk to 3 different people thier like IU did you get three seperate answers.  So I hope they recieve and ship tommorrow.  The whole batch of 100 is apaarently accounted for on backorder.  I suspect $400 price is a thing of the past after this J&G has already upped to $450+.  Hope you were on backorder list.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Hope they don't jack the price up on people who already ordered them. I have a feeling these won't show until March!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Atleast you guys are expecting yours any day now -  I just got on the underfolder AK wagon and found I would be waiting 6 weeks plus for one.......at $425ish.  I passed, I ordered a Vector for $550 and will have it next week.  I dont mind a backorder with a solid date but that doesnt sound like the case here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hope they don't jack the price up on people who already ordered them. I have a feeling these won't show until March!

I exchanged emails with Pam of Centerfire who informed me they will not be increasing their price to those on the back order list.  Their price however will increase for those placing new orders.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Atleast you guys are expecting yours any day now

You mean any month now!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
bump
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#13]
In the famous words of my FFL "They'll show up when they fucking show up."

Centerfire has no control over Century Arms, who is the manufacturer.  Century probalby gives them a ship date, which Centerfire passes on, and then Century misses the ship date.  Not a lot that Centerfire can do about something like that, short of telling folks to stop asking or not giving a date at all.

Centerfire has clearly stated that anyone who had already placed an order will get them for the original $399 price, despite the price increase listed for new guns.  

Patience man, patience.  They'll show up eventually. i had to wait 18 weeks for a GT receiver that was supposed to take 2 weeks, and 10 weeks for 7.62x39 ammo that was suposed to ship in 3 weeks.  AK's and accessories are in high demand now, and I am sure Century was overwhelmed by the popularity of their new rifle.

If you want one badly enough, just cancel your order and get one from a distributor that has them in stock.  You'll pay a little more, but get it right away.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#14]
+1, what Dawg said
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Dawg,

Very well put!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, I've had 4 on backorder direct from Century since first week of Jan !
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#17]
-1, what dawg said.

They may not have control over when they recieve inventory but that shouldn't give them a free pass to tell everyone they are coming next week, every week.  They should have been more up front about the status of the item.  Most people are assured that they will arrive soon, presumably to get the order.  Other companies actually had them in stock at various times.  If the status of the item was questionable, it would have been much nicer if everyone was made clear of that so they could order elsewhere, if desired.  At this point, if century says no more yugos everyone that stood by centerfire on their backorder list (because they are coming next week) while they watched other companies sell out of the item are out of luck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
-1, what dawg said.

They may not have control over when they recieve inventory but that shouldn't give them a free pass to tell everyone they are coming next week, every week.  They should have been more up front about the status of the item.  Most people are assured that they will arrive soon, presumably to get the order.  Other companies actually had them in stock at various times.  If the status of the item was questionable, it would have been much nicer if everyone was made clear of that so they could order elsewhere, if desired.  At this point, if century says no more yugos everyone that stood by centerfire on their backorder list (because they are coming next week) while they watched other companies sell out of the item are out of luck.

Like I said, if you don't like waiting, plenty of other vendors have them in stock for a slightly higher price.  Either sit and wait, or suck it up, pay the $25 extra and order from somwhere else.

No one said they had a free pass.  If you don't like the way they handle business, just go order from somewhere else...my point is that they can't give any better infromation than what Century tells them, and it is very likely they too are getting the "next week" line from Century.  At least Centerfire is decent enough to hold to the $399 price despite the fact they will eat that cost increase.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Which vendors have them in stock at $425?  A little while back a few had them at $400 but they've all sold out now.  I haven't seen any recently for $425.  Most have raised their price to around $450, and even those are backordered.  If you know of a place that has them in stock at $425 please let us know.

I don't know what line Century is feeding Centerfire.  However, Centerfire is responsible for its own statements.

I probably would have ordered elsewhere when other companies had the item in stock at $400 if I knew "next week" was just a line.

ETA: I would agree that holding the price for those that ordered prior to the increase is a good business practice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Like I said, if you don't like waiting, plenty of other vendors have them in stock for a slightly higher price.  Either sit and wait, or suck it up, pay the $25 extra and order from somwhere else.

If you don't mind, I think some of us would like to "suck it up" and pay the $425 to get one from one of the "plenty of other vendors" that "have them in stock."  Which vendors did you say have them?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Which vendors have them in stock at $425?  A little while back a few had them at $400 but they've all sold out now.  I haven't seen any recently for $425.  Most have raised their price to around $450, and even those are backordered.  If you know of a place that has them in stock at $425 please let us know.

I don't know what line Century is feeding Centerfire.  However, Centerfire is responsible for its own statements.

I probably would have ordered elsewhere when other companies had the item in stock at $400 if I knew "next week" was just a line.

ETA: I would agree that holding the price for those that ordered prior to the increase is a good business practice.

It is possible everyone is sold out of them again. I made sure to pay a little extra and got one when they first came out.  I know they turn up on the EE relatively often and I have seen a couple at recent gun shows, so your best bet is to snatch one up there and then cancel your Centerfire order.

Otherwise, I would call SOG, AIM, and Century to see if they have them in stock.  There was another website I saw them on recently but the name totally escapes me at the moment.  If I can figure out where it was I'll post it.

Like I said before, it sucks to have a product in limbo, adn I do feel bad for you guys.  But realize that Centerfire is at the mercy of Century, just like you are at the mercy of Centerfire.  I am sure Centerfire would really, really like those guns to show up so they can get their money...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Dawg180,

You're exactly right.  We do not make money by taking orders and not shipping the merchandise.  We get no less than 50 calls a day asking where these guns are.  We would love nothing more than to give specific shipping dates.  I can only promise to let you know as soon as we know something.

Lois
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone sell me your Yugo Underflder!

My paypal is ready!!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top