Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:19:25 PM EDT
Centerfire Systems advertizes a Czech CZ-26 kit in 7.62X25 Tok.  Does anybody know how difficult this would be to build?  The receiver looks like a steel tube.  I've very fond of that cartridge and would like a gun that can fire it.  I guess I'd have to take the stock off it or extend the barrel some how.h.gif

TIA, Tony
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one a year ago from them.  The BATF says if you want to use the original tube it must be altered so that a full auto bolt can never be put in the receiver.  The other thing some builders are doing is center grinding the bold to reduce it's diameter (it won't turn on a lathe, tears up the tooling) and then building the gun up in a smaller receiver tube.   You will also need to change the way the trigger group works.  It needs to have a disconnector and a sear in order to be approved by the BATF.  In the original design the trigger engages the bolt directly.

Look at the Sten bolt over at  http://www.semiautosten.com/ to get an idea of how a bolt and striker rig work.  There is a guy in KC, MO working on a 2 piece bolt for the 26, he's already built one for the UZI.

I've pretty much given up on mine.  I'm going to use the barrel and mag well to build a a shortened AK style pistol, like the BISON,   http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/bizon/bizon.htm

Let use know how your project develops is you build .

Aaron
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top