Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/13/2003 5:49:39 PM EDT
My Maddi's front sight is canted waay left when the front sight post is centered in the drum and rounds hitting center target. Have you seen this before? I think the problem is with the rear sight block but am not sure. I don't want to redrill and pin  the front sight in place now because it looks really crooked. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks for your help

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell it to someone whose head is canted the same way.Arn't all Madis cursed with the same problem?Reposition the front sight.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The sight was vertical when I bought it, BUT the front sight post was all the way left for it to hit on target and it just didn't look right, so i took your advice and knocked out the pins, centered the drum, knocked the sight over a bit with a mallet and test fired before redrilling, now the windage is right but I don't want to re-pin it when its leaning over this bad. And no Campy I haven't brought it to a smith yet, I would rather do my AK the WECSOG way[:\]!(i'll leave the gunsmith for my finer firearms, like my AR)

I know I shoudn't be worrying over AK cosmetics but it jus' kinda bothers me.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
the rear sight is visibly favoring the right if veiwed from above
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Does one have to remove the front sight and gas block to remove the rear sight block, or does it jus' lift off?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top