Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 12:47:26 PM EDT
a new Bulgarian 74 trigger guard assembly.  The one that came with my kit is not in good shape as far as the rivet holes go.  The drill bit has opened up the holes slightly on the bottom portion of the guard.  I'm looking for a complete assembly with mag catch installed.  K-var is out of both new and de-milled ones.  Does anyone else have these?

Just out of curiousity could the existing holes be filled with J-B and then re-drilled again?  I suppose J-B isn't strong enough to hold up when a rivet is crushed against it.  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tig weld...mig weld...hell, a coat hanger and an oxy-acetylene torch will fill those holes.

No welding equipment and no welding experience.  I think for the cost of a new guard I could figure out how to install the spring and catch a lot easier and in a lot less time than it would take me to weld and then file everything smooth.  I can't wait to get this first build under my belt.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top