Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:56:25 AM EDT
Have a stamped 7.62x39maadi, currently has a romy wire sidefolder. Hate the cheek weld. Saw the new side folding polymer models (not sure what model they are off from) and also the metal "triangle" ones  - can you make them work with my rifle? Anyone have a stock setup to sell? If not I may go back to a fixed stock Thanks_

Also, if I go back to a fixed one, will polymer ones marked ak-74 work on my stamped 7.62?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I mean which can I do without much modification? The romy wire sidefolder just screwed onto the existing trunion/rear tang piece when I removed the factory wood.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the "good" folders require new trunions and extensive work. You can get a Tapco side folder, but the majority of people here feel that they are garbage. Too flimsy, wobbly and "cheap." The triangle patterns you're talking about require extensive work. You can get an ACE folder, but it isn't cheap--in either quality or price. One nice thing about the ACE is that it's US made, so it helps with compliance, and I've never heard any bad reviews about them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#4]
KVar sold a bulgarian side folder stock mounted to a stub that attached to a standard receiver. Im not sure if they still have them or not. It didnt look right to me but is a lot easier than choping up your receiver.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe K-var has been sold out of these for awhile.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top