Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/20/2003 10:18:41 PM EDT

Looks like AK.nutz lost TAPCO as a sponsor... or at least their forums are closed now.

This means TAPCO is halfway toward being off of my "not interested in doing business with" list!

Had a good experience with them the one time I bought from them, but the whole FALFILES / Gunsnet fiasco had me pretty annoyed.

Now their forums on Gunsnet all have only one post, with the TAPCO contact info in them.  Either they are lying low because everyone was complaining about their betrayal of FALFILEs, or they had a falling out with the nutz.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I would contact Jen at FAL Files to see what her feelings are concerning TAPCO.....

KF
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]
"Can we shop Tapco again"?

I dunno, can you buy a Smith & Wesson? If your perception is that they screwed over Falfiles for Gunsnet, why would their retreat from Gunsnet be a good thing? I guess if your girlfriend said "I'm sorry" for screwing your buddy, it's ok then? Just a philosophical question. It's apparent you want to do business with them.

Why not call Buddy up and ask his side of the story, before you boycott his business. I'll bet he knows more than Jen & Dthor about his motives and actions - and I'll bet my wallet that you'd learn how full of shit the internet really is.

My .02
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The Official Bullshit release from Gun.nutz  was a letter from the Tapco Guy .. not posted by him, Posted by Gun.nutz administration claiming it was a copy/paste job from an actual message from Buddy at Tapco.. Stating...

"They were just so busy they could not take care of their forum any longer....."

Do a search the thread was posted last week in the general section when someone asked why the forum was locked..

Is it true can a blacklisted company be just so busy.....??????they sure ain't selling FAL kits to FAL File members...lol

Is it more Gun.nutz coverup and scandal??????

Is swingset Lisl?...lol
Congoloid the mongoloid...lol

Did he fall off the swing?

The world will never know...lol

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:19:22 AM EDT
[#4]
oh.. and one last thing.. before I get wailed on...lol

Just think about it,,, A proud sponsor of donutz...
just post contact info and leaves...
Gives no apparent reason to his online customers.
In his own forum,
The only communication comes from a pasted piece of a letter, delivered from a Dthorn vader, sibling..lol

Lisl shows up under a new alias... runs the coverup ...lol

Just tooo much to evidence to ignore.. ......lol

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:23:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I had an order with Tapco pending during the debacle.  I just cancelled it and ordered all the parts (and a little extra) directly from RPB.  I got nothing against Tapco, but I don't shop at those who sponsor 47.net.  I'm banned there, as so many FAL/AK fans are, so I can't see the Tapco ads anyway.

It was a very odd business decision to go with a board that bans so many people, and to a crowd that most likely has less disposable income than the folks on the FalFiles.  

Let's be honest...the Fal is overall a more expensive rifle, and the owners of FALs generally have more money.  Add to the fact that Jen *usually* runs a pretty professional board, and that also attracts an older crowd (read: more fun money to spend).  Just check out the quality of threads at FalFiles and then check out .net, and you'll see the difference.  Strange that Buddy & co. didn't.

take care,
Tec (who wasn't happy with how Jen handled the situation with Tapco either)
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Besides the fact that this is messy all around and I do not know everything, dumping the mothership instead of being a sponsor on both boards was dumb.

Too busy to service their customer base? I might believe Gucciano said that but not Buddie.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The simple answer: NO!

Crapco is not done being cheese dicks. What they did was wrong, and continues to be wrong to this day.

The closing of their gunsnet forum was by their wish and NOT because they have a huge volume of sales to keep their sales guys occupied. They simply want their ads to be read only so that nobody can tell em how much they suck.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]
it isn't like tapco is the only supplier of gun parts. their good prices are nothing but a sham, when you add in the shipping and "handling"...you're paying way more then if you went to another place that doesn't fuck you on shipping.

yeah buy a couple of mags for 6 bucks, and get charged 9 bucks for shipping....tell me where that deal is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Loyalty is important to me.  make them sweat a while.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone can shop wherever they like. I refuse to do business with Tapco just as I refuse to buy a new S&W handgun or a new Ruger, as much as I admire Bill Ruger as a firearm designer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I missed all this stuff, as I haven't been on the FAL files for the better part of a year, and I don't know what all went down.  But I live half way between TAPCO and RPB and communicate with both companies regularly.  

I only see Buddie once in a while, and he probably doesn't even know me, since I do most of my buying through George.  I find the customer service great and will continue to do business with them.

Gun boards need to be diligent about their sponsors, too.  If a sponsor doesn't perceive he is getting his money's worth, there needs to be an adjustment.  We are talking capitalism and the American way, folks.  If a gun board owner is not talking to his sponsors and making sure the sponsor is getting the correct type and amount of exposure, that's a problem.  Like I said, I don't know the details, nor do I need to, but I am not going to make a snap judgement on how anybody, the board owner or the sponsor, runs his business.

Now, as to buying from RPB rather than TAPCO.  I almost started laughing at that.  RPB and TAPCO, while owned by two different gentlemen, are TIGHT!  Chances are, if you bought anything from RPB that wasn't made by MPA, there is a good chance that TAPCO is getting a cut.  In fact, the former owner of RPB is no less than - Buddie Daniels' dad!  There is a lot of trade between the two companies (ever wonder where all the Suomi drums that TAPCO used to have in their catalog went?).  Both companies are great in my book.

If Buddie saw fit to take his business elsewhere, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, we ought to ask the owner of the board what she was doing (or not doing) to keep Buddie happy?  Otherwise it sounds like DNC blame shifting.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Loyalty is important to me.  make them sweat a while.

Gets my vote.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Is swingset Lisl?...lol
Congoloid the mongoloid...lol

Did he fall off the swing?

The world will never know...lol

I'm just me - on 25 different gun boards, and I'm only me. I'm not Lisl, I'm not Congo. I'm not a mouthpiece for gunsnet anymore than I am for this place. I speak my mind wherever I am, and when this board is full of itself I say it. I do the same at gunsnet. Got a problem with that?

Oddly enough, I've never been banned from any gun board. Guess if you don't stick your dick in your mouth, you can get along anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#15]

I'm just me - on 25 different gun boards, and I'm only me. I'm not Lisl, I'm not Congo. I'm not a mouthpiece for gunsnet anymore than I am for this place. I speak my mind wherever I am, and when this board is full of itself I say it. I do the same at gunsnet. Got a problem with that?
Oddly enough, I've never been banned from any gun board. Guess if you don't stick your dick in your mouth, you can get along anywhere.

25 different gun boards eh?? Good job you truly have no life... Lisl...almost as much as Gunkid now... and how many aliases now?  and I may just have a problem with that..not like you could do anything about it.. so thump your chest somewhere else..cause that dog don't hunt with me...lol...

now.......................then

forgive me If I do not take your word for who claim you are.. swingset, If you care to remember, you only came aboard here during the Gunsnet sham. Voicing a strong pro-Gun.nutzz attitude. I am also not the only one who noticed that.

Also.. sorry for the rude attitude in this post if I am wrong about you, and my humble  appologies to you..
Also.. the post before you quoted was really in jest... so...LIGHTEN UP...drink a beer..take your meds... somethin......lol

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Not the first time I've been proven wrong.

My appologies to swingset for the false accusations..
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
forgive me If I do not take your word for who claim you are.. swingset, If you care to remember, you only came aboard here during the Gunsnet sham. Voicing a strong pro-Gun.nutzz attitude. I am also not the only one who noticed that.

I assure you I'm swingset on every board I sign up on, and only swingset. I do belong to 25 boards (tho I only read some of them and post rarely). Check around. And, I did defend gunsnet when I felt it was appropriate, but I defended the members and not the management (whom I know nothing about).

Also, if you think me a troll, I signed up on AR15 when I bought a bushmaster and wanted info. Check my first post. I might be wrong, but I thought that was a good reason to come here. I'm just about done playing this board vs. board game, I can see it's futile....but suffice to say I'm not a dick intent on making enemies here, I just said my peace.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#19]
tapco got fal kit for 20 bucks in excellence condition.  are you guys going to buy...

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:04:20 AM EDT
[#21]
They have a few dings on them and some blueing will be necessary.  The front hand grips are usually dented and the bi-pods are slightly bent.  Aside from scratches and other marks, the kits have  matching  serial numbers on them and from what I have observed, the barrels,  have the FN stamp on them including SN. The kits do come with the auto-sear.

I have the STG-58 built on a DSA type II receiver.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
They have a few dings on them and some blueing will be necessary.  The front hand grips are usually dented and the bi-pods are slightly bent.  Aside from scratches and other marks, the kits have  matching  serial numbers on them and from what I have observed, the barrels,  have the FN stamp on them including SN. The kits do come with the auto-sear.

I have the STG-58 built on a DSA type II receiver.  

How is the fit on the DSA typeII? Is it a tight fit?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#23]

I was really just digging for some dirt... wondering if they had made up with FALFiles or not.

The dishonesty from dotnutz is to the point that I won't do business with their sponsors anymore.  That includes Red Star Arms, Tapco, etc.  While I didn't get taken, them covering up for what appears to be fraud by one of their sponsors has left a very sour taste in my mouth... on top of the fact that too many assholes post there... and are moderators.

You can get banned really easy, just disagree with the wrong person.  The idea swingset put forward that people who got banned deserved it is caca.  When you have really insecure moderators they ban people whether they deserve it or not.

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#24]
FUCK TAPCO! They bailed to go suck bowcunts pecker.  And now it's just a big 69 over at nonutz.fal.com  

Oh buttie your our favorite sponsor slurp suck slup. Your free haversacks are so cool! ***bobbing head****

I bought alot of shit from tapco until i caught on after the

THERE WILL BE NO MORE_________!:

10 pack mags
Fal kits
Then the 'new fal kits with crapliance parts' and no we won't sell the kits seperate give us $200 and we'll send you these nice shitty compliance parts.

we will make you happy! But first we'll send you shit to see if you take it, if not return it on your dime and we'll replace it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You can get banned really easy, just disagree with the wrong person.  The idea swingset put forward that people who got banned deserved it is caca.  When you have really insecure moderators they ban people whether they deserve it or not.

I'm genuinely asking you, what did you get banned for? What was the post, and what was your language? Be honest.

I've directly contradicted the mods & staff on occasion, even on deeply held philosophical issues and the manner in which the board was run, yet I was never banned or even told to straighten up.

I don't know what's going on with people being banned - as I know no one who has been that can give me the precise post or argument that precipitated it....so I have to go on my personal experience which has been that Gunsnet is very tolerant of it's members.

I would go so far as to say it's one of the least strict boards on the net. I've gotten heat from quite a few for my views (including here & assaultweb), whereas my posts on gunsnet were never met with trouble.

So, from my seat, it appears you have to be a first class agitant to get banned there or come to the boards and initiate your posts with strong criticisms of the site (which is the same thing, imho). In both instances, it seems a banning is in order.

So, my earnest question is, what did you do that made your presence on gunsnet unacceptable? Be specific, very specific. "I said something bowhunt didn't like" is not an answer, it's evasion. I'm asking because I want to know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Tolerant of its members?

Merely mentioning a company that is in competiton with on of the sponsors will get your posts deleted...

That's tolerance?  Hell, you say anything that they don't like nad you're likely to get your posts deleted and get you deleted.

People who were ripped off by the gooch got banned for giving a true account of what happened to them.

I was threatened by HDR for disagreeing with him.  He didn't ultimately ban me, but I stopped disagreeing with him in that thread--- yes at that time I actually wanted to stay on that forum.  Now I realize that any forum you have to agree with the moderators to stay on is not one worth participating in.  HDR let lose with a lot of vulger language and a vague threat of physical harm towards me....  

Course, according to you, I must have deserved that.  My language, you insinuate, but really its that I dared disagree with him.  My language was fine.  

Just look at their behaviour-- they're calling for a boycott of KVAR because they lowered prices to compete with Joeken who was claiming to have the last ever waffle mags.

Either you are not a member over there, or you're buddies with a moderator.  Their behaviour is obvious and all over the place.  Hell, just look at the TAPCO situation... the forums they set up for other FALFiles sponsors who never were sponsors of their FAL forums, which is misrepresentation, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

And of course, if you point out this dishonesty your posts are deleted.  IF you do it again, you are banned.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I think you should absolutely shop at Tapco, just like I think that you should absolutely shop at K-Var, or whatever other company has the parts you'd like at prices you can afford.  True, there was a falling out at the falfiles, but as is typical on an internet forum, one side of the story was highlighted and all of the sudden Tapco was demonized by many former customers.

I've ordered some parts in recent memory, and I'll continue to do so.  I just hate seeing so many people turn on them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I've directly contradicted the mods & staff on occasion, even on deeply held philosophical issues and the manner in which the board was run, yet I was never banned or even told to straighten up.

Right but, you have had your contradicting opinions summarily deleted. Ive seen it happen to both you and me. Personally im not too cool with that. I guess it doesnt really bother you though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top