Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:47:18 PM EDT
    I'm interested in an AK but I'm not sure if I'm going to build or simply buy one.  Since, I live in NY I'm still chained and shackled by an AWB.  I was reading the NYS law and I'm not sure what to make of this line.

(d) any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as:
    (i)Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

The way I read it all AK's are banned, but I have known a shooter or two to have purchased a AK new in the box, are they all pre banhats  Any suggestions on which is better Russian, Chinese, Romainian, etc?

Thanks to all for your input                                
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...it will only be legal if the gun your building complies with your states laws.

Plus if its anything like here you have to get a license to build each gun. I think its a 200$ fee here. And once you build it you cannot sell it...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If you shop around somewhere and see one...chances are its legal.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top