Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:01:10 PM EDT
I have a Norinco SKS put out by K-Sport. It has an O.D.  sporter style stock, a parked finish. I think the part with the scope mount is not original as the finish doesn't match the rest of the rifle. I have heard these are hard to come by and I could find next to nothing on the internet about them.

Link Posted: 8/26/2009 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
We were just discussing these a few topics down (http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=83&t=121490) but as to the value I couldn't say. Whatever value there may be, I would imagine if you don't have the original receiver cover then it would diminish a bit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's see - original stock = gone, original receiver cover = gone.  Uh - I'd say under $200.  It's a poor man's deer/truck rifle at this point.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually the OD green stock is the original stock thats why it's a K-Sport,they also came without a boyo lug,the receiver cover isn't original but if the stock isn't beat up and the bluing is perfect or close to it and all the serial # match it worth a bit more than your standard Chinese SKS.  they didn't make very many of the K-Sports so if nothing else its pretty rare.  Looks like you have the standard 20" version instead of the para.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Actually the OD green stock is the original stock thats why it's a K-Sport,they also came without a boyo lug,the receiver cover isn't original but if the stock isn't beat up and the bluing is perfect or close to it and all the serial # match it worth a bit more than your standard Chinese SKS.  they didn't make very many of the K-Sports so if nothing else its pretty rare.  Looks like you have the standard 20" version instead of the para.

I disagree on the value.  Just because someone else added an aftermarket stock or produced an aftermarket rifle doesn't make it valuable to me. Just my take on it and I'm sure it's a great shooter.  You could take an original ChiCom add the same stock, maybe tech-sights (I love those things), a buffer and a trigger job.  That way you'd have an original (saving the sights) and a "Sporter" with a much better sight radius,, lighter stock and vastly improved trigger.

Did K-Sports import them like that or did they import them as origibal ChiCom and then customize them?

In any case it's a beautiful rifle and of course now I am craving one - thanks guys

I'd mod my para with that sporter stock - an ATI or Tapco.

I checked Yooper John and he doesn't list this variant.

SKS Info
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]
K-Sport or KSI Pomona Ca. is an importer. Most of the sks's they imported were sold as standard sks's, some were sporterized by K-Sport though. their bayonets removed and lugs neutered. metal finish came in the form of parkerizing in black, gray or green. all this was then fitted into a black or green butler creek stock. some were cut down as paratrooper models with the same features. K-Sports are not real common and are rarely seen.  I've only seen one in the  past 10 years in person.  the black Buttler Creek stocks and gas tube covers are still available as far as I know but the OD green and gray stocks are long out of production.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Very interesting, you learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]
If it had the original cover, a parked K-Sports could easily be sold for a hundred bucks more than an equivalent standard model

Believe it or not, there are some collectors of Chinese commercial variants

However, since the premium is based on collector interest that aftermarket cover hurts
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a gray parked model, and all the numbers match except the cover of course. I bout it about 6 years ago after reading about it on the internet. I paid about $350.00 with taxes.

Next to Norinco it says Pomona CA on the receiver.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top