Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/16/2008 2:26:42 PM EDT
I am looking to add a underfolding AK to the line up but have no clue on what's what with AK's, just want an underfolder. I don't want a WASR, and don't want to shell out the dough for a milled Poly, etc. I am thinking of this one listed over at gun broker but I can't tell if it's Romanian, Bulgarian, or what? is it any good? is it worth $550?? I emailed the seller and he is as clueless as me, couldn't tell me the country of origin. Thanks!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=97555118

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard answer for questions like this is to go to atlantic arms website and check out the Vectors.

www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/listview.asp?CatId=2

www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=8

I think they offer an ar15.com discount also.

edit - it looks like the rifle in your link is built from Romanian parts.

You can see the G on the rear sight base.

Not really a bad thing, but Polish or Hungarian is better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a crappy build from Romanian parts. Worth about $450.

There's nothing wrong with a SAR or WASR Romanian rifle if it's built right and priced right. Classic Arms has some. I'd look at the Yugo, Hungarian and Polish underfolders. For $550, you can buy a really nice Polish, Yugo or Hungarian UF.

You sure you want an UF? I'd shoot one first if you've not yet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
go with a vector like advised.....and atlantic is good to go
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There's nothing wrong with a SAR or WASR Romanian rifle if it's built right and priced right. Classic Arms has some. I'd look at the Yugo, Hungarian and Polish underfolders. For $550, you can buy a really nice Polish, Yugo or Hungarian UF.

I'll give Atlantic a look for sure. I do want an underfolder, because even though I haven't shot one, in MI if you have a CPL, you have to register an underfolder as a pistol, and as such, you can carry it loaded in your vehicle. Just a nice option to have I think. I have a Mak-90 and love it, so I thought the underfolder would be a nice addition.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll give Atlantic a look for sure. I do want an underfolder, because even though I haven't shot one, in MI if you have a CPL, you have to register an underfolder as a pistol, and as such, you can carry it loaded in your vehicle. Just a nice option to have I think. I have a Mak-90 and love it, so I thought the underfolder would be a nice addition.

I ask because some people find the UF stock extremely unpleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The best bang for your buck would be a Yugo underfolder! They are built like a tank and more accurate than other types. Nice thick receivers and polished stainless internals and they are definitely priced right. Heres one of mine:

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The best bang for your buck would be a Yugo underfolder! They are built like a tank and more accurate than other types. Nice thick receivers and polished stainless internals and they are definitely priced right.

+1  I love mine.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:38:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
polished stainless internals

What part of that rifle (other than [perhaps] the gas piston) is made of stainless steel?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What part of that rifle (other than [perhaps] the gas piston) is made of stainless steel?

None. Yugos have a hard chrome plated carbon steel gas piston. I believe the carrier is unfinished carbon steel in the white, but I am uncertain, it could be hard chrome too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

None. Yugos have a hard chrome plated carbon steel gas piston. I believe the carrier is unfinished carbon steel in the white, but I am uncertain, it could be hard chrome too.

That's what I thought, but I don't own a Yugo and I figured I was about to learn something.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
NOPE! Its polished stainless!! On the UF in the picture that I posted is has a very small area that is unpolished that is a goldish type of color which is EXACTLY the color that unfinished stainless is.  Recently I ordered a couple of raw stainless tie rods for one of my race ATVs and this is the same color that they were before I polished them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top