Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/3/2006 11:24:47 PM EST
If so how easy is it to do this? Just buy a Under fold parts kit and swap stocks? Im not worried about compliance parts because i will take care of that. Just asking how easily it is to do so...

How do you remove the rear fixed stock?

How do you remove the front lower stock?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:38:40 PM EST
Why don't you just buy a Romanian or Polish underfolding stock kit and build it? The problem with converting a fixed stock to an UF is that the rear rivet holes will more than likely not be in the same place. Therefore, you'd need to weld up the holes and drill in the new ones.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:43:00 AM EST
If i couldent do it, That is what i was going to do. Im new to AK's and still learning. But im on my 2nd one now and really want a underfold.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:15:04 AM EST
It's possible but not without some work:

1) Remove rear trunion
2) Weld up holes
3) Remove left scope mount
4) Weld up holes
5) Drill and cut holes for under trunion
6) Rivet trunion in place
7) Install stock

Not an easy conversion.

Want an easy conversion to a folding stock? Buy a romanian side folding stock. It will bolt in place no mod needed.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:24:36 PM EST
FWIW...you might want to check out an underfolder before you jump in and buy one. I did the Polish uf and found the stock to be flimsy..too much side to side play and not real comfy in the cheek weld area. Of course you, like me may have to go there for yourself first. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:58:04 PM EST
Underfolders in Michigan do not make the OAL requirements without a muzzle device and a slant brake is too short, Stick with a side folder. If you mount any folding stock to the rilfe it has to be registered as a pistol because it is under the 30" law. Anything over 26 inches and under 30 inches is considered a pistol according to Michigan Law!
Top Top