Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2007 5:39:12 PM EDT
Is there any way to change out the forend? I'm very close to picking one up but I just don't like that forend.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
http://forum.saiga-12.com/

All kinds of answers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no really easy way to put a military style forearm on.  Some guy on the Saiga-12 forum makes a clamp on forend retainer.  That, plus the cost of the handguards will easily drive the price of a home Saiga conversion beyond a that of a Lancaster AK or Yugo underfolder.  Tapco makes a Galil style forearm specifically for the Saiga with its own barrel clamp for $50.

Personally, I didn't like the looks of the standard forearm at first, but it really is a comfortable hand hold.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you think drilling holes and installing small rails would be a good idea on Saiga forends? Would a laser hold zero?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
TAPCO

Has a Galil style forend that should take no mads for it to fit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Where can I find this forbidden Tapco product?
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where can I find this forbidden Tapco product?

Tapco.com  of course.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
not any more.  you can now put a standard ak-style ak handguard retainer on a saiga.  the standard ones dont fit because the barrel is too fat.  a guy named dinzag on the saiga forums offers bolt on handguard retainers.  the things look sweet although i havent gotten mine yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
not any more.  you can now put a standard ak-style ak handguard retainer on a saiga.  the standard ones dont fit because the barrel is too fat.  a guy named dinzag on the saiga forums offers bolt on handguard retainers.  the things look sweet although i havent gotten mine yet.

eddiein1984
There is no really easy way to put a military style forearm on. Some guy on the Saiga-12 forum makes a clamp on forend retainer. That, plus the cost of the handguards will easily drive the price of a home Saiga conversion beyond a that of a Lancaster AK or Yugo underfolder. Tapco  makes a Galil style forearm specifically for the Saiga with its own barrel clamp for $50.

You can put it on, but it doesnt fit?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top