Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:18:19 PM EDT
There doesn't appear to be much muzzle on the end to attach a break.
Can a muzzle break be placed on a WASR-10?

The break on most AKs seem to be the one on the AK-74 model and if possible it would be great to add one of these.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on your WASR, there may or may not be threading on the muzzle. The muzzle nut is probably welded on, and I believe if you remove & replace the nut, you will have to weld on the new Brake.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You can easily thread the barrel on a WASR-10 as long as you get the correct tools to do the job.  I already had the 14x1mm LH tap and die so all that I needed was a TAT (thread alignment tool) and I got the TAT from Brownell's.

You will also need a plunger and spring to retain the muzzle brake once you have threaded the barrel.  I got mine from DPH Arms for about $7.00.  You just have to knock out the most forward front sight retaining pin and insert the spring and plunger, then tap the pin back in.

The whole job (threading the barrel and installing the spring and plunger) took less than 15 minutes.  Oh, I used the U.S. made slant muzzle brake for my WASR-10.

Go For It....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how many variations of WASR-10's there are, but i sure was able to add a muzzle break to mine.  

Here is my After/Before upgrade picture.

http://x11.putfile.com/1/223020256.jpg

Mine at least came with e threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine also has a threaded barrel - however I have always gotten easily confused when looking at breaks.  What thread is my barrel and what breaks can I put on it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Depending on your WASR, there may or may not be threading on the muzzle. The muzzle nut is probably welded on, and I believe if you remove & replace the nut, you will have to weld on the new Brake.

Nope, AK  barrels are 16 in so no welding is required.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top