Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 10/28/2006 6:52:56 AM EST
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/RattlerXX/MVC-658F.jpg

I've tried contacting the owner to no avail. Can anyone tell me what kind of stock it is or who did the paintwork on said stock? I've found similar stocks but this appears to be one that is identical to the original except sythetic. All the ones I have found are either Monte Carlo, SVD, or do not have bayonet cutouts. I may soon be aquiring a Yugoslavian SKS and would like to perform a similar build except utilizing a 20 round magazine. I know some will say why put that kind of money into an SKS, when it is better, financially, to keep it original, or that the rifle isn't worthy due to accuracy or reliability, of such investment. All I can say is that the SKS has a personality that I find very appealing and would like to build upon it. Much as a car collector I know would restore a Corvair, versus a Camaro. He likes the Corvair the way I like an SKS. Other than that I guess I'm just weird.

Deamon
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:41:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2006 7:48:28 AM EST by DHH]
Although it is difficult to determine from the picture, it is probably a Chinese fiberglass stock as sold here: www.sksman.com/acces/stocks2.php and other places. They have been used as the basis of custom stocks and paint such as:www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007099;p=0.
I have one that I use on my Yugo. It took a little file work but it is a good fit.
I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:35:45 PM EST
Thanks for the help, that is exactly what I was looking for. That stock with a nice jungle pattern camo in Duracoat, and Duracoat the barrel in high heat black. Ah yes my nefarious plans are coming together nicely. Again thank you for all your assistance.

Deamon
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top