Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/18/2006 10:35:48 PM EDT
So the kits were going for $399.00 + shipping and transfer.

Everyone is selling out of these things and they were priced $479.00 at the Hampton VA gun show this weekend. (not a steal but not bad)

So why the price hike?

Simple
Econ 101 - if you sell to the point of being out of stock raise your prices.

So while I would say if you want to keep the price down no one buy, but that isn’t exactly practical.

They are very nice looking rifles, I have no idea how well they shoot or how long the barrel lasts.

I held one at the show and the rifle is pretty damn heavy. I passed on the Yugo b.c it didn’t have a CL barrel and I already have a polish under folder.

I did find someone with M59 SKS selling them for 99.00; I couldn’t pass on them for that price.  I plan to go to the range tomorrow; I will let everyone know how it shoots.

Ian

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a VERY clean M70 at a gun show for $470 out the door.  The rifle is like new so I think I got a great deal considering I didn't have to pay shipping and transfer fees and probably beat the CFI price increase.  Now I need to find more YUGO clips.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Make your own "Yugo" mags.  Order some USA AK followers from Falcon Arms for $3.50 each which are copies of Chinese followers.  Dremel out the two small "bumps" at the top inside of the magazines and now with this new follower your bolt will catch on the follower as it does on a Yugo magazine. Next, notch your selector as Zastava Arms does to their new Factory rifles and you have the full BHO feature the AK can provide!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Great idea. How do they feed? what was the websight for the followers?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the web site to Falcon arms.  Now he does not sell these as "BHO" followers so do not even ask him about BHO.  But you see how the followers are shaped in the back and with removing the bumps and using this follower, you now hae a BHO magazine.  Feed is just like any other AK magazine only difference is after the last round is fired the bolt will stay back.  Now notch your selector so it can stay back manually.  It becomes second nature to use the right thumb to pull charging handle back while the right fingers pull the selector up to engage the notch.

Falcon Arms
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top