Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:04:47 AM EDT
How's the quality of the CIA M70AB2 with wood handguards? I just got one from the local gun show yesterday. (Cold War Shooters) Everything appears to be assembled very well. Any complaints?
The gun show was the first in our little town and seemed to go very well. PMC .223 for $329  1000! Great fun. Supposed to be another on 9/26 & 27. They're few and far between around here.
Picked it up today. Everything looks new. Very happy!

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Love my CIA Yugo.  I don't think they were built by CIA.  My only issue was the gas piston pin was loose and came out enough to stop cycling.  This happened while checking the action before firing.  I knocked it out and replaced it with a roll pin which I prefer anyway.  Mine runs well.  Finish is OK.  I replace the single hook G2 with a Texas AK Triggers set.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 of them. First one I had to clean and run about 100 rounds thru it before it would run flawlessly. The second one was flawless and accurate from day one. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has been a machine, 100% reliable.  I'm not much into underfolders so I don't shoot it all that much however.

Century M70AB2 with wood handguards?  I know early production Century AB2s came with wood handguards and the original Yugo pistol grip right out of the box.  Is the rifle NOS, used, or did CWS add the wood handguards themselves prior to sale?  Unless something has very recently changed, newer production AB2s come with the super-crappy poly handguards.

Regardless, congrats on getting a fine rifle.  Feel free to post some pics...

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine has been a machine, 100% reliable.  I'm not much into underfolders so I don't shoot it all that much however.

Century M70AB2 with wood handguards?  I know early production Century AB2s came with wood handguards and the original Yugo pistol grip right out of the box.  Is the rifle NOS, used, or did CWS add the wood handguards themselves prior to sale?  Unless something has very recently changed, newer production AB2s come with the super-crappy poly handguards.

Regardless, congrats on getting a fine rifle.  Feel free to post some pics...  

Brand new in the box. Not sure why it has wood handguards, they do appear unused also. Afraid I can't post pics for 10 days. CA law. It also had to have the Bullet Button and 10/30 mag.

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
do these have chrome lined barrels?

sorry for the highjack...
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

do these have chrome lined barrels?

sorry for the highjack...

No chrome, the original barrels weren't chrome lined either.  They are new Green Mtn. barrels however.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No chrome, the original barrels weren't chrome lined either.  They are new Green Mtn. barrels however.

How would one go about verifying this?

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#8]
When I pick it up Friday, 9/11, I'll post pictures and see what markings, if any.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would one go about verifying this?

It's pretty much common knowlege.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased a M70AB2, built by Century, in late 2007.  It's the nicest AK that I own, except for the trigger.  Mine came w/ a single hook (receiver is cut for a double) of unknown origin and some noticeable trigger slap.  It's not as bad as my buddie's WASR-10 but it's there.  I haven't shot it more than a couple of times as it was a pre-election investment (safe queen).  I also own a Norinco MAK-90 and a Lancaster Romanian "G-Code".  Both of these are excellent guns but the Yugo is still my favorite.  Fit and finish on mine is top-notch, but I remember having to look through a selection of six to find a "flawless" one.  I plan on adding a polished G-2 trigger and some nice teak handguards sometime very soon......oh yeah, and a M70, a RPK, and whatever else I can get my mits on.  Be very, very careful when entering the world of Zastava.... you'll want to own them all!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally able to pick it up. Added pictures to original post.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
She looks good!

Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Get yourself a Yugo pistol grip and sling, some more (BHO) mags, and call it done.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
My first double tap ever...

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Hi Newbie here.....................I love my Yugos, some had single hook Tapco G2's,  I swapped them out for double hooks, and now I love the trigger pulls even better. I actually put a secong notch in the trigger wells of my other AK's so I could use the Tapco G2 Double Hooks. The double hooks are great...I am sure i t was by accident and not by desigh of TAPCO or FSE who designed them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hi Newbie here.....................I love my Yugos, some had single hook Tapco G2's, I swapped them out for double hooks, and now I love the trigger pulls even better. I actually put a secong notch in the trigger wells of my other AK's so I could use the Tapco G2 Double Hooks. The double hooks are great...I am sure i t was by accident and not by desigh of TAPCO or FSE who designed them.

Welcome to the forum.  Post some pics if you got them.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top