Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:09:46 PM EDT
Hey all,

I chucked up a post in Reference... maybe not the best place to put it.  In any case, I'm in the market for my first AK and the only thing I can seem to find for 350-450 is a Romanian.  Are these as crappy as folks make them out to be?  Would I be better off purchasing a reciever and building from a parts kit?  I live in NY and as you all know we're about as much of a People's Republic as Kalifornia is (I'm still pissed at the Governator for signing the .50 cal ban out there) and I would need to keep the thing fairly tame unless pre ban manufactured.  I was looking at the Souther Ohio Gun romanians they have available for like 320 bucks or so... what do you think?

I'm pretty ignorant on which AKs are good... but I'm itching to buy one soon so let me know if you could.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yugo Underfolder

Beautiful
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey.  I live in NY too my brother  IT SUCKS I KNOW.  But I got an AK too I got a Romanian WASR 10.  With no bayo lug and no muzzle threads on the barrel.  I geuss you already know about the laws too.  It fires great I use the cheapest ammo and it never jams on me not once!  I say go for it!  Great gun to start your AK collection.  Everytime I get done shooting it I just give it a quick clean and put it away.  Addictive and FUN!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure the romanian ones are reliable and cheap.  But if you want to save a lil more $500 for a Vector or 600-700 for a VEPR or Arsenal, you wouldn't be disappointed.

It's up to you! Do you want a cheap one that will shoot fairly accurate and is very reliable or do you want one that has better fit and finish, shoots even more accurately, and is very reliable?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top