Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/7/2005 6:59:57 AM EDT
OK I was wanting to hear any tips, thoughts, and technieques that all you guys have about bump fireing. Just got my first AK - 47 last week and was bump fireing all day (damn it was FUN!!). For some reason though I was never able to bump fire my AR-15 (heavy barrel bushmaster 20 in). So lets hear it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 7:05:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/7/2005 7:05:38 AM EDT by GPK007]

This should be good....

GPK...out
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 10:10:24 AM EDT
Yeah....don't do it! You'll burn your hands! LOL! The handgaurd ferrules get so hot everytime I do it I end up with blisters!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 11:40:14 AM EDT
What no one has anything to say?
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 12:48:53 PM EDT
Bumpin......hmmm. You'll go blind if you keep that up

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 1:00:24 PM EDT
where's that video of the guy with the bump firing device? steel rod with a pipe section on the end and rod guides on the stock....now that was cool
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 2:00:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Gunner:
where's that video of the guy with the bump firing device? steel rod with a pipe section on the end and rod guides on the stock....now that was cool

Got deleted not exactly legal...see sig line
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 3:37:36 PM EDT
I shot that AK at bulletfest. Why wouldnt it be legal? It fired one round for every pull of the trigger. The device did not reset the trigger or trip the trigger when the bolt closed. I would tend to think he could get an approval letter for it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 3:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2005 3:40:22 PM EDT by Jicky]
Bump firing is just abuse!!! AK's werent designed for that kind of rapid fireing Jeeezzzzz......
And bumping an AR???? Forget about it....
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 3:48:03 PM EDT
GPK007,

"When they knock on ya door.
How ya going to come..
With your hands on your head or the trigger of your GUN"

Are you a Clash fan? The Clash rock!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 3:52:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2005 3:52:54 PM EDT by DaddyDett]
Silly you for asking about bump firing.
Don't you know that you have to have a challenge coin, fake DD214 and
know the secret handshake to get anyone to tell you???
Shhheeesh

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 4:14:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GPK007:

I shot it right in front of the two undercover alphabet dudes at Bullet-Fest and they never said a word.
Most people who shot it and examined it seemed to believe that it is totally legal.
I also showed a couple of guys how to do it without the device too. They were amazed, I don't think they've ever seen anyone do that before.
Base-Rigger
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:59:50 PM EDT
Man guys come on. I thought that I would get a better response than this. Is this AR15.com?
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:30:36 AM EDT
OK OK......geez.....put your finger through the trigger guard and hook your pant belt loop, then pull forward on the handguard with your left hand, rock and roll
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 6:15:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BASE-RIGGER:

I shot it right in front of the two undercover alphabet dudes at Bullet-Fest and they never said a word.
Most people who shot it and examined it seemed to believe that it is totally legal.
I also showed a couple of guys how to do it without the device too. They were amazed, I don't think they've ever seen anyone do that before.
Base-Rigger

I posted a Pic of my AR bump stock and it ot locked deleted and I got suspended. Anyone interested I will send pics Mine is currently being reiviewed by ATF.

GPK...out
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 10:44:39 AM EDT

Mine is currently being reiviewed by ATF.

Thanks a lot!
You know, why don't people just read the freaking law. It's written in english and everything. Why are you guys sending letters to the ATF asking if rapid firing is legal. All we need is some "firearms technical branch" asshole to pen a response saying that bump firing constitutes a "machine gun". He will be wrong of course but all the local ATF offices will get CC'd and some kid 6 mos out of college will be patrolling a range or a show somewhere and get all puffy because he read the bullshit response to your letter. STOP DOING THIS! I't not a machine gun!
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 8:28:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bumfuzzled:

Mine is currently being reiviewed by ATF.

Thanks a lot!
You know, why don't people just read the freaking law. It's written in english and everything. Why are you guys sending letters to the ATF asking if rapid firing is legal. All we need is some "firearms technical branch" asshole to pen a response saying that bump firing constitutes a "machine gun". He will be wrong of course but all the local ATF offices will get CC'd and some kid 6 mos out of college will be patrolling a range or a show somewhere and get all puffy because he read the bullshit response to your letter. STOP DOING THIS! I't not a machine gun!

BUMFUZZLED.....What thet hell does that mean....Not to get off topic

Arguing with you would be a total waste of time plus your not even a member and I guess you will say that we are all blessed that your 17th post was in one of our topics regarding Bump Firing and it's legality.....

Really what I guess trying to say is SHUT THE F**K UP...

GPK...out
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 3:33:38 PM EDT

Arguing with you would be a total waste of time....................

GPK...outhug.gif

Well gee wiz Mr. "Member", why don't you clear your head and try REAL hard anyway. I'm sure everyone would like to hear how you think bumpfiring could possibly NOT BE LEGAL and why you thought it necessary to ask the ATF pretty please. I gave a perfectly plausible scenerio of what could happen when people write dumbass letters to dumbass govt. agencies. Go ahead and dispute it. If you can't then it is you who should shut the fuck up.

Bumfuzzled........out hug.gif oooohhhh, I feel so cool when I "sign off" by saying OUT!
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 3:46:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kevinR:
OK I was wanting to hear any tips, thoughts, and technieques that all you guys have about bump fireing. Just got my first AK - 47 last week and was bump fireing all day (damn it was FUN!!). For some reason though I was never able to bump fire my AR-15 (heavy barrel bushmaster 20 in). So lets hear it.

Try a lighter trigger on both guns, you ought to be able to bump accurately from the shoulder!

The fulsize AR is too heavy from my experience, get a carbine upper and you should be good to go.

Last year I was at The Pit, Buffaloe Rock Rifle Range, in IL which has a quary to to bump / rapid fire into. Guy next to me had one of those trigger system POS things. He sees me bumping and asks what kind of hellfire system do I have?
I taught him to bump and he was happy as a clam!!!

Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:09:15 PM EDT
I have shot full auto a few times (yummy!) but never bumpfired before. We went to the range today and CockedandLocked taught me to bumpfire his AK. OMG I LOVED it!!!! (It DOES get a little hot, though!) I can't wait to go back and do it some more!
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 7:09:58 PM EDT

It has been covered so many times here, just do a search.... that is why people are not elaborating (again).

-C
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 10:17:04 PM EDT

Man guys come on. I thought that I would get a better response than this. Is this AR15.com?

No, it's AK47.net.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 10:54:53 PM EDT
For some reason it doesnt work well with an AR. Works great with an AK .

Try putting 2, 75 round drumd through a gun back to back....Melted the 1200 degree
engine paint off the barrel. Juat make sure that you have a good, high, backstop.
I can empty a drum in about 25 seconds. Just find the sweet spot and hang on for the ride.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 10:56:48 PM EDT
Just ride the trigger reset with your right trigger finger, and pull forward hard with your left hand. You will get this down with practice.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 3:47:46 AM EDT
My Bushmaster carbine is great for bumpfiring. It looks like an XM177 with a 11" or so barrel and a 5" flashider permanently attached. It's pretty light though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 6:34:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2005 6:37:04 AM EDT by GPK007]

Originally Posted By Bumfuzzled:

Arguing with you would be a total waste of time....................

GPK...out

Well gee wiz Mr. "Member", why don't you clear your head and try REAL hard anyway. I'm sure everyone would like to hear how you think bumpfiring could possibly NOT BE LEGAL and why you thought it necessary to ask the ATF pretty please. I gave a perfectly plausible scenerio of what could happen when people write dumbass letters to dumbass govt. agencies. Go ahead and dispute it. If you can't then it is you who should shut the fuck up.

Bumfuzzled........out oooohhhh, I feel so cool when I "sign off" by saying OUT!

People Like you make this forum great...

GPK...out

KevinR I hope I'm not hi-jacking your thread

All who requested info and Pics got them....you know who yoiu are also I found a link in the archive to my stock that got locked but not deleted a similar setup works on the AK
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=352978

Link Posted: 7/11/2005 10:41:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 11:22:17 AM EDT
Set out running but I took my time a friend of the is a friend of mine..Ha ha dirty hippie
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 12:07:04 PM EDT

Extend trigger finger and lock in time and space.

With weak hand slowing pull rifle forward.

If it fires only once you are probably gripping to tight with the weak hand. Loosen up and find your groove.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 2:55:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 9:00:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2005 9:01:16 PM EDT by rickinvegas]

Originally Posted By Kyarguy:
For some reason it doesnt work well with an AR

Beg to differ. The AR design is made to bumpfire when it is properly tuned. Especially from the shoulder. Here is a vid of full mag dumps with a quick mag change. The rifle is actually well tucked up into the shoulder and you can see that I am using the sights. Also notice after the mag change, my trigger finger is in the safe position till the last second before firing. No "stiff finger". With some instruction and some practice, anyone can do it.

Done this way, bumpfiring is more of a legitimate shooting technique than a gimmick. I have actually trained LE to bumpfire thier semi ARs and Mini 14s.

AR Bumpfire with mag change

BTW, the rifle in the vid is a factory assembled OLY with nearly 25k rounds on the odometer. It hasn't been modified in any way.
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 9:18:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rickinvegas:
[

Link Posted: 7/12/2005 2:48:13 AM EDT

Beg to differ. The AR design is made to bumpfire when it is properly tuned. Especially from the shoulder. Here is a vid of full mag dumps with a quick mag change. The rifle is actually well tucked up into the shoulder and you can see that I am using the sights. Also notice after the mag change, my trigger finger is in the safe position till the last second before firing. No "stiff finger". With some instruction and some practice, anyone can do it.

Done this way, bumpfiring is more of a legitimate shooting technique than a gimmick. I have actually trained LE to bumpfire thier semi ARs and Mini 14s.

BTW, the rifle in the vid is a factory assembled OLY with nearly 25k rounds on the odometer. It hasn't been modified in any way.

I must be a retarded. I cant bump from the shoulder at all. mybe two or three rounds from my Krink, but you my friend are amazing! You didn't tune that stock trigger at all?
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 5:56:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TravisAasen:

I must be a retarded. I cant bump from the shoulder at all. mybe two or three rounds from my Krink, but you my friend are amazing! You didn't tune that stock trigger at all?

LOL, after 25K rounds the trigger polished itself ...
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 6:26:12 AM EDT

You didn't tune that stock trigger at all?

Not at all. Especially on my factory assembled Olympic lowers. Oly seems to have the right combination of tension, travel and fit. I'm not saying Oly is the only trigger that works but as you can see, it is one that clearly does.

Contrary to popular belief, "light" triggers do not work as well as moderate pull ones. You want some tension to ensure a good positive disconnect on every shot. The other critical factor is LUBRICATION. I have to oil the crap out my triggers to work smoothly and consistantly. I have on more than one occasion taken someone else's AR that couldn't shoulder bump a double and after bathing it in oil (I prefer good ole Singer sewing machine oil) it ran like a scalded ape. The biggest thing is to practice and then practice some more. Oh, did I mention that you had to practice?
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 6:36:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Apache659:
LOL, after 25K rounds the trigger polished itself ...

Very true!

Eventhough this particular rifle shoulder bumped as good right out of the box, I do plan on ordering up a new FCG from OLY soon. While it has never slam fired on me, I know there is some significant wear going on and I don't want to take a chance. On this particular rifle, I have replaced the hammer and disconnector springs a couple of times. Not that they broke or anything but like I said before, moderate pull tension works best for me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 7:07:37 AM EDT

You didn't tune that stock trigger at all?

Not at all. Especially on my factory assembled Olympic lowers. Oly seems to have the right combination of tension, travel and fit. I'm not saying Oly is the only trigger that works but as you can see, it is one that clearly does.

Contrary to popular belief, "light" triggers do not work as well as moderate pull ones. You want some tension to ensure a good positive disconnect on every shot. The other critical factor is LUBRICATION. I have to oil the crap out my triggers to work smoothly and consistantly. I have on more than one occasion taken someone else's AR that couldn't shoulder bump a double and after bathing it in oil (I prefer good ole Singer sewing machine oil) it ran like a scalded ape. The biggest thing is to practice and then practice some more. Oh, did I mention that you had to practice?

Rick, whats your trigger fingers position? I get the lube now....
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 7:26:25 AM EDT

Rick, whats your trigger fingers position?

I keep the trigger right on the the first joint of my index finger. Then I just release my grip slightly by flaring out my other fingers a little to allow the small movement needed to use the natural recoil of the weapon.
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 7:29:18 AM EDT

Rick, whats your trigger fingers position?

I keep the trigger right on the the first joint of my index finger. Then I just release my grip slightly by flaring out my other fingers a little to allow the small movement needed to use the natural recoil of the weapon.

Do I have the itch to go shoot now!!

Link Posted: 7/12/2005 6:53:15 PM EDT
Rick you are truely DA MAN!!!! Will you please give all of us here any info, advice, pictures of proper hand / finger placement. Any man just anything. That was frecking AWSOME!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 7:22:55 PM EDT

I posted a Pic of my AR bump stock and it ot locked deleted and I got suspended. Anyone interested I will send pics Mine is currently being reiviewed by ATF.

GPK...out

IM me. Definately interested
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 5:24:02 AM EDT
Sure seems like the gun is sitting pretty steady. You sure that's not a full-auto?
I'd like to see video from the side where you can see the trigger finger and shoulder weld.
I've never tried to bump fire myself, looks rather silly to me when I've seen it done, and more often than not pretty dangerous, but that is some impressive work on that video.
You sure that's not a full-auto?
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:55:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmdCtzn:
Sure seems like the gun is sitting pretty steady. You sure that's not a full-auto?
I'd like to see video from the side where you can see the trigger finger and shoulder weld.
I've never tried to bump fire myself, looks rather silly to me when I've seen it done, and more often than not pretty dangerous, but that is some impressive work on that video.

Yeah, it fools a lot of people especially when I'm doing aimed bursts. Even some very experienced FA shooters standing right next to me have a hard time telling but I assure you, the rifle in the vid is a semi with no mods or "devices".

The next time I'm out, I will have someone shoot some close up shots of the trigger hand and the shoulder weld. In the mean time, here is a short clip of a 9mm dumping some mags. The vid quality is not as good but you can see the trigger hand a little better. Hope this helps.

9mm shoulder bump
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
That is the best bump video ive seen, esp from the shoulder, hats off. Now my need for an ar is getting more intense. Do you bump ak's?
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 6:56:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2005 2:58:09 PM EDT by OsirisX]
Here is my Bump its my Wasr, I recently acquired this bad boy can't wait to get out and bump 75rds. Yes I am dumb, and yes I forgot to chamber the first round LOL. Drum BumpVid And Damn Rick that bump was freakin awesome I'm gonna have to try a shoulder bump!
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:08:18 PM EDT
neato! but why dont we ever see the targets in these bum fire videos?? i'll stick with my selector! OTTO
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:26:30 PM EDT
Anymore cool bump vids or sites to help us less skilled in how to bump a AK >?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:54:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmdCtzn:

Yeah, it fools a lot of people especially when I'm doing aimed bursts. Even some very experienced FA shooters standing right next to me have a hard time telling but I assure you, the rifle in the vid is a semi with no mods or "devices".

The next time I'm out, I will have someone shoot some close up shots of the trigger hand and the shoulder weld. In the mean time, here is a short clip of a 9mm dumping some mags. The vid quality is not as good but you can see the trigger hand a little better. Hope this helps.

9mm shoulder bump

Wow.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:30:17 AM EDT
thats some amazing bumpfiring. i keep trying to shoulder bump with my ak, but i just get one shot one it. i can't bump on my hip, but not my shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:03:47 AM EDT
It's hard to believe that's "bumping". You sure nailed the techinque. AWESOME!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top