Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:26:40 AM EDT
I spent the weekend up north shooting and relaxing. Thought I would share a pic of my brother and me bump firing. He is on the left with an AR and I am on the right with my SLR-95. Yeah.....its a waste of ammo but it's also a hell of a lot of fun.

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Lumpy how long can your brother bump his AR? The best I ever got was 2-3 rounds out of mine. Or does he have a better than stock trigger?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#2]
He has a Colt with just the stock trigger. He was getting full mag dumps on a regular basis. I was able to dump full mags a couple times through my Bushmaster but my bro is better with the AR than I am. There is a technique to bumping an AR and I intend to perfect it at Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just look at how much more mayhem the 7.62 is causing compared to the tiny .223. ;)
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have Kazaa, search for bump fire video. I have 2 on there, Bumping a Mak-90 and an HK93.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]

use the happy switch, luke...use the happy switch!

Sigh.......

No happy switches on this young Padawan's rifles. Guess I may have to seek out such weapons at Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Pardon me, But what the hell is bump firing? And how is it done?? Also have any of you used a "hellfire trigger" and are they legal, do they work good?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
bump firing is where you let the recoil of the rifle 'push'the trigger against your finger. You hold the forearm loosly and slightly foreward, and let'er rip. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy and you can do it on demand. AK's are easy once you get it, HK93 are GREAT, HK91's...well, you find out how 'big' a .308 is, but AR's are hard for me. Ak's and 93's I can empty a clip
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Here are some short videos bumping an SLR95 and an OLY M4.  The M4 is actually a lot easier to shoulder bump due to weight but the AK is is easier to dump full mags.  The SLR is a REAL pig on weight.  Stamped AKs are real sweet!

As for the "waste of ammo" argument, with a little practice you can put rounds right on target even with out sighting.  Just walk the fire onto the target.  We have dumped 75 rounds into a 100 yard rifle target and counted 55+ hits.  One thing though, just be careful who is around because you WILL attract attention.

AR
www.autoglassparts.com/guns/video/olyrof.wmv

SLR95
www.autoglassparts.com/guns/video/bulgy_bump.wmv

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top