Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 4:17:32 AM EDT
I am sure this has already been covered....but what is it and how do you do it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump firing is when you rapid fire a semi auto...Most people hold the weapon at waist level,put their thumb in a belt loop put their finger on the trigger and fire letting the recoil of the rifle to shoot rapidlly..
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:11:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Ha.. Campy beat me...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep! What he said.

Side note... Just about any semi auto firearm can be bumped from the lowly 1911 to the Remington 1100 which will knock you back a few inches after emptying the tube

Waste? yep!

Fun? oh hell yeah!!

Practical? No chance.

you made me go want to bump something now... calling wife.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I am starting to wonder if it ain't a good idea to keep the whole bumping thing on the down low...
Those post-sunset gun grabber folks with their collective tails between their legs would just love to showcase how mastering the technique could effectively wipe out a small army....NOT!
Semi-auto rifles just got a new lease on life for us, and my thoughts are not to jeapordize it by condoning reckless shooting habits... Yea, sure I can very safely bump the shit out of an AK, 5.45 or 7.62, and even get pretty effective groupings..big whoop. The last thing we need is to
see on the news is some curious shooter in Podunk, USA wipe out a family of four at the local shooting range while trying to 'bump'.....film at 11.
If you don't know what it is, ask a friend.... have someone who knows show you in person how it all works. Shoot off the shoulder for higher accuracy; this isn't necessarily more control, but at least you can gauge where your bullets are going better... Bumping off the hip is just asking for it. And you don't look that cool anyways, trust me.

-C
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:08:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot on a private range, and I am the range master when anyone else goes with me. As for backstop I got a 50ft. rock cliff with a range cut into it...so I am covered. But now that I played around with it and wasted a couple of hundred rounds getting it mastered I agree it is dangerous and in the wrong hands could cause huge problems. And it is definatley NOT for use on a public range.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top