Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/16/2003 10:22:21 AM EDT
There is a thread going on over in the ar15 side of the house about it. Apparently bump firing is evil and unsafe. Some of the replies are pretty funny.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, I'm not getting near that one.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=176063
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Some of the emasculated manginas posting in that thread need to get laid more often.

I've yet to see a person bumpfire without a huge shiteating grin on their faces.

"Ooo bumpfiring is bad! It wastes precious ammo. If you bumpfire you're a loser cause I say so. It attracts attention from anti gunners so we should hide. If you bump fire on my range I'll put you in your place."
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Ban bump firing do it for the baby sea monkeys!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
"Ooo bumpfiring is bad! It wastes precious ammo. If you bumpfire you're a loser cause I say so. It attracts attention from anti gunners so we should hide. If you bump fire on my range I'll put you in your place."

DOES have sorta a bitchy, whiny tone to it, now doesn't it???

Summed up fairly accurately though, 2IDdoc... I don't see anything wrong with bump firing - as long as you're maintaining muzzle discipline, and have ammo to burn...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
This is coming from the same guys that dress up like SWAT to go shoot there guns...You know youve seen them.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I cannot wait to try this - what a hoot! My problem is no range around here allows rapid fire (they mean no more than one a second), so I need to find a shooter with access to some property. I hope it works on my AR, because I have about 5000 rounds I need to get rid of. I have one with a 16" full heavy profile fluted barrel. I won't really shoot 5000 through it on one shoot, but probably will dump a handful of magazines if I can make it work. My AK is a post-ban FEG, and it's been wanting to go to 'rock school' too!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh, I love a good bumpfire, once I figured that out it became addictive as hell.  It's expensive, but funner than a wetbag of hammers on Xmas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I bump fire with the rifle shouldered and while I still don't hit a damn thing, I don't think anyone knows I'm bump firing. It just looks like I'm firing a FA AK.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#12]
With a 5.45 AK, I can bump off the shoulder all day, and even aimed 3 rounds bursts,whatever...
AND
after some practice you can even get shots on man sized targets without problems. I like it alot better than the old 'off the hip' bump.
-C
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]
If anyone doubts, the evil laugh by the guy at the end of the RSA video sums it all up.  Bumping rules!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:39:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got my 1919 setup to bumpfire on an MG42 ground tripod. 600rpm+ of ammo wastin, shiteatin grin FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#16]

If you bump too fast, this can happen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#17]
UH.Just got an AK,I probably shouldnt ask this, but how exactly do you bumpfire an AK??? Or for that matter,can I do this with a FAL or AR?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone bump fire a Drag?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, it was just an NDM-86! I won't say it was a 'beater', but I had refinished it in a more "Russian-like" finish, stripping the shiny Chinese enamel off, reparking, and moly coating it... not a gun I was afraid to shoot. Point is, with it's pretty decent trigger that is designed for sniping,  bumping is a piece of cake....BUT hang on for the 10 round ride of your life! Definately want to have a safe backdrop for the 54R cartridge. in case you stray towards the sky on rounds #4 through #10!
-C
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well, it was just an NDM-86! I won't say it was a 'beater', but I had refinished it in a more "Russian-like" finish, stripping the shiny Chinese enamel off, reparking, and moly coating it... not a gun I was afraid to shoot. Point is, with it's pretty decent trigger that is designed for sniping,  bumping is a piece of cake....BUT hang on for the 10 round ride of your life! Definately want to have a safe backdrop for the 54R cartridge. in case you stray towards the sky on rounds #4 through #10!
-C

Cool. Mine is a .308 NDM, I'll see if I can try it over the holidays.

CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I would guess you would want to have the firing spring pin mod done to your rifle yes?
check and make sure! Use military ammo too...
and please BE CAREFUL!  You'll shoot your eye out kid!
Happy holidays-
-C
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I would guess you would want to have the firing spring pin mod done to your rifle yes?
Happy holidays-
-C

Thanks for the "kid", but I suspect I might be older than you. Had the firing pin mod done, and definitely will be careful.

Thanks,
CW
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#23]
bump firing is really fun, but ive never been able to do it with an AR. with my ssr-56 i can rip a 40rd mag from start to finish.  im starting to learn how to bump from the shoulder, i can get 2 or 3 rounds on target before i jump over it.  i have a beater FAL that i can bump pretty well also, even though i know nothing is ever coming close to paper on that thing.

in response to the question on how to bump,  you just place your middle finger rigidly on the trigger and use your other hand to pull the handguards forward. keep pulling forward and the recoil will take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#24]
heres a link to a good bumping tutorial...

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

the owner is a good friend of mine and we bump all the time without incident. :)
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Had a great day at the range yesterday...my  cousin came back from the Army for holiday leave so we all went...the owner drove away for a short time and there weren't to many people there..I made sure he was't around...and then...Muhahahaha...

I have to say, the REDSTAR trigger group that I installed in my SAR1 roared through 40 rounds so fast like whoa!  The trigger is so light, I was spitting those 7.62's like nothing.
Bump firing is a blast!

I gave my cousin a tutorial on the AK and he was simply facinated...(the grin on his face when he bumped a full load was priceless)......he'll be going to Iraq in the near future...I told him if he could...to bring back some AK milled receivers if he can get his hands on them.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I like to bump fire from the shoulder too, it
works better when you keep both eyes open and
try to keep all the shots in the same spot, with practice you can spray a man sized target
easily at 25 to 50 yards, make sure to lean forward slightly keeping weight on your forward
foot to keep the rifle steady, dont use the sights, just point shoot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Happy holidays-
-C

Thanks for the "kid", but I suspect I might be older than you. Had the firing pin mod done, and definitely will be careful.

Thanks,
CW

hehehehe! we all are kids if we are here talking about bumpin'!!!!
Actually the 'kid' reference was to the classic holiday movie, "A Christmas Story"...I am sure you have seen it... anyways, have fun let us know how your .308 Drag performed under the bump!
-C
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#28]
.308 and bumping....ahhh...
I have a cetme with a Bill Springfield trigger (4.5lb, almost no takeup) and it bumps far better than my ak.  I think that a RSA trigger would change that, but that cetme dumps a mag QUICK.  And for those of you who don't have one, the cetme (used to) come from Century with a very effective noise enhancer on the end of the muzzle, bumping with it really draws some puzzled and worried looks...muhahaha!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#29]
As an aside, can you bump a G3?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like me and billyxm15 need to get us some ak's and hang out with some of you guys. Some of those pussies on the AR side are a bunch of uh well.... PUSSIES!!!  Viva La Bump Fire!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
As an aside, can you bump a G3?

Yes.

I have not seen any semi yet hasnt been.

AR
AK
FAL
G3
Garand
Saiga 12g Shotgun

OK, I lied. a 10/22. And Im not sure with a trigger job it wouldnt. Stock it just sat there.

I am going to bump a Glock one of these days, and I am fairly sure it will work. As soon as I get a light, something to hold on to.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
With a good trigger and hot ammo, like CCI Stingers it will most defenitly bump.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#33]
here is a video link to me bumping my arsenal ssr-56,  you need quicktime and divx to watch.

http://linx310.nothingbutguns.com/calvert2/c4.mov

<edit> ok so theres nothing there...sorry the site moved.  if somebody wants to host it for me i think i can email the clip, its only 1.5 megs and its a full bump.  i have several clips of us.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:36:37 AM EDT
[#34]
The website is still up it just moved. Its being hosted by gunsnet now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top