Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/6/2003 1:06:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 1:13:04 PM EDT by SLoV]
Hey guys,

I am pretty sure myself and two buddies are going to come to Bulletfest. I'm kind of at an impass in making the decision to camp at Snode's or stay at the Day's Inn. I have a good discount at Day's inn and it would be split so room cost isn't going to be a factor. the main factor is where most of the AR15.com guys are staying because i'd like to meet as many of you as possible. soooooooo...
So if your going to be there just post your name in this thread and if your going to camp or stay at Days Inn.

two other quickies:

-Is campire going to be allowed at Snodes?
-If your staying at Days Inn are you guys having a little meet-and-greet or anything?

Also I'm going to be wearing a "Hello My Name Is" Tag with my Username on it probably i'd like to see everyone do the same so we can meet up!

Thanks,
SLoV
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:42:23 PM EDT
SLoV, I'm still undecided myself...truth is I'm one of those "last minute decision" sorts. I know full well and good that didn't pay off last year...

If anything I'll camp, I usually go night fishing on the weekends so I'm used to sleeping on hard ground,river gravel and the like... I'm gonna test assemble the sun canopy this weekend, I'll let ya know how that goes.

As far as the camping goes, would one need a tent or would a pickup truck with a cap be sufficient?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:44:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:03:11 PM EDT
I'll be there with my German friends. We will be camping in period fashion. That means on the ground in small canvas shelters.

No shower, no sheet, no room service, just grass and a warm Mauser.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 3:05:06 PM EDT by plateshooter]
Camping Friday night at Snode's
In the back of my truck with a cap on it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:09:12 PM EDT
I'm going and I will be camping.
In period fashion, the 1980's that is.
Without all this neocamping fanciness.
Portable showers/toilets, hightech stoves and camplights.

Just me, a tent, sleeping bag, and possibly some sort of cooking done with charcoal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:49:58 PM EDT
I will be camping at Snodes Friday & Saturday night.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:02:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:51:06 PM EDT
kegger at the melon farm??? im game.

goon's from WI are staying at the days inn
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 11:19:47 PM EDT by WildWes]

Originally Posted By plateshooter:
Camping Friday night at Snode's
In the back of my truck with a cap on it.

What exactly is the scoop with camping out for the night at Snode's? I checked the tacked threads and...???

Anyone up for saturday night fishing? I'll bring my gear in case there's something local worth checking out! I need a spot I can get my truck close to, though. (gotta keep the other gear close by!!) I suppose there aren't many flatheads up that way, but "fishin' is fishin'" and I'd like to try while I'm there...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:51:57 PM EDT
a truck with a shell would be ideal I think.... toss ya a matress in there, pillow, blanket and your good to go!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:27:31 PM EDT
Argh! The "m" word!! ( I picture Homer Simpson saying "Mmmm, Mattress...)

Yeah, 'tis the benefit of a truck with a lid. 8 times out of 10 I could get by just fine w/o the cap,in fact, a good 9 times out of 10 it's in my way...(it's those other 1 or 2 times it comes in handy)
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:37:17 AM EDT
Checked with manager at Days Inn last night. Motel is booked up for the weekend. If you call, ask for Marj.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:39:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:27:41 AM EDT
damn well guess we are camping then!

I checked on hotels.com the other day and was going to buy one cause it said availabe. maybe that doesn't update.

I can't believe that filled up it looked big in the pictures lol
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:19:32 AM EDT
SLoV; I've been here for a month and will be glad to check out availability for you,if you want.
This is probably the biggest perk I've ever had with my job,to be in Carrollton during Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:15:47 AM EDT
dredd,

really sounds like it is full!!!! hehe

thanks for the offer...

what is up that way that you'd get "stationed" there?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:45:12 AM EDT
I'll be at the Days Inn.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:00:42 AM EDT
gas pipeline rehab and Bulletfest!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:55:43 AM EDT
SLoV; I'm having a hell of a time sending this;
Checked at the front desk 20 minutes ago and this was what front desk told me:
June 27 evening 18 rooms available
June 28 evening 12 rooms available
Give 'em a call.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:03:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/8/2003 11:04:22 AM EDT by BenDover]
There's a bunch who are camping at Snodes. We're bringing 2 non-members who are relative gun newbies. I'll be cooking up a large quantity of excellent grub (haven't decided yet, but last year it was a kettle of jambalaya one night and blackberry glazed ribs the second night).

Instead of cases of Blue Kamazaki shooters this year, Tweety wants to make a big batch of Jello shots. (Ed Sr.... you are welcome to have as many as you want since there's no river and we intend to pitch as far away from the pond as we possibly can for your safety )

I know the following people are camping @ Snodes:

Belfrey_Express
Tattoo
AR-SNIPER-15 & wife
Red-Leg & wife
Beekeeper1 & Honeybee (I think)
Seth_Livzz & HeldHostage
EricE (if he can make it)

(basically a bunch of the IRC chat crew)
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:52:28 AM EDT
thanks Dredd... camping wouldn't be bad at all I don't think i'll have to see what my friends want to do.

BenDover,

Where are you guys coming from? Im trying to decide a route from South central ohio to Minerva. I think i'm gonna cut through Lancaster and take 22 for a while but from there I don't know maybe hit 70 for a while. have to study the map some more
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:06:58 PM EDT
Where do you sign up to camp at Snodes?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:24:44 PM EDT
I'll be camping there, along with DragracerArt, Mario_FAMOInc, another friend and his two sons, and possibly M60Howard.

Unfortunately however, I don't think Howard's minigun will be camping with us (mount doesn't look like it will be done in time).
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
I'll be at Snodes Friday and Saturday night. Prolly just sleep in the van though...
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:45:59 PM EDT
Sounds like there are going to be a lot of smelly people. I'm glad I'm with the showered population.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:08:10 PM EDT
I guess you just show up...

I'm considering Days Inn more and more since I have to get there Friday night be there in the morning then leave about 4 or so to get back home in time for work the next day...

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:22:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SLoV:
BenDover,

Where are you guys coming from? Im trying to decide a route from South central ohio to Minerva. I think i'm gonna cut through Lancaster and take 22 for a while but from there I don't know maybe hit 70 for a while. have to study the map some more

Eaton, all the way at the IN/OH border on I-70.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:54:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:34:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gunman0:
Sounds like there are going to be a lot of smelly people. I'm glad I'm with the showered population.

Wuss. Just bring some extra CLP to splash under your armpits.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:08:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shaggy:

Originally Posted By gunman0:

Wuss. Just bring some extra CLP to splash under your armpits.

Yup. And maybe a little splash of Hoppe's Cologne #9, and all funk will be undetectable.
Besides, after a few brews, who cares?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:25:11 PM EDT
Campy, whats the odds of us being able to take a dip in the pond? The last 2 years I have jumped into the river at the canoe livery and it was just what the doctor ordered after sweating my nads off on the firing line all day.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:03:44 PM EDT
Tune in to FRS channel 5 at Snodes Friday night.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:25:18 PM EDT
If I come, I'm staying in a HO-tel. Why? Cause if I don't, the HO will tell everybody, even the mayor!

So brother, you better stay in a HO-tel so the HO keeps her mouth shut! Words of the wise from Ludacris.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:08:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2003 7:19:05 AM EDT by dadman]
Campfires allowed at the camping area?
Any particulars to shoot on the line? Extra cost for that?
Will the camping area be patrolled, particulary at night?
Bringing FAL and AK if a spot available at the line.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:05:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By plateshooter:
Tune in to FRS channel 5 at Snodes Friday night.

I was already planning on bringing mine for communication with my buddy, cuz I doubt my nextel will work out in the boonies.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:54:18 PM EDT
Well. I'm looking forward to this experiance. I will be camping, got me a t'row away tent that only has to last two nights. We can't seem to get away from the rain out here in the north east. Hope the weather is good.
I couldn't deside whether to bring dies and blueprints, or my weapons. In the end, the weapons won and the 5320.20's came in time. I still have so much to do to get ready. As long as the camp stove works and coffee happens, I'm good to go. Powdered sugar donuts and vendo food wil get me through. Too bad my wife can't come. She would have loved it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:01:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:34:55 PM EDT
Booyah, I'm coming all the way from Southeast Iowa. Might be coming w/ a buddy and his dad. If they come I'm staying in a hotel, if not I'm roughing it.

Should be a nice 10 hour drive.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:16:58 PM EDT
We'll be at the Days Inn.

Mike
Top Top