Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:39:22 PM EDT
about to start to build my bulgy from ORF, want to keep as much of the latch thingy for the side folder intact, do I just grind down this rivet, or does it pop out in some way, if I gring away at it, how do I replace this pin that holds the spring and latch ( catch ) see photo and thanks..Mark

http://photobucket.com/albums/a263/rentprop1/?action=view¤t=gun1002.jpg
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
DO NOT grind the pin that hold the hook in....
first remove the pin,hook and spring assembly and keep them SAFE from loss...
You can't get A replacement  piece ...................................
If you want to retain the receiver remnant to use as a guide,your going to have to grind the 6 rivets down and most likely drill the rest so you can just slide it off.
Or you can make a rub with paper and pencil with the hook removed or I can send the the schematic plans for the side fold stock.
I belive pookies has them too but I forgot his link.
The retaining pin is easy to remove...look inside the front where the handguard goes in and you can see that the spring is what holds it in...Like the FCG.
remember how it goes back togther.
also it is easier to install the hook and pin with the barrel removed but still a MAJOR PITA to do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
dont grind it off or you are going to be posting a WTB add for the pin, it is just like a trigger pin the spring on the inside holds it in
just pry the spring away from the groove and pull the pin out
the great thing is, it is 10x harder to get back in well it is not that bad I just finished mine up

ETA I am a slow typer uxo2 is faster
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys I am sure glad I stopped working on it and came in and asked  here...a big thanks any schematic you guys have please e-mail it to me, could not find it on Pookies web site
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
well I got the pin out and was able to save the entire front part of the trunion, how the hell do I cut out the hole for this thing /????? did you guys square the ends or just drill 2 holes and connect them with the cut off wheel, how would you cut it to square the ends, or would this have been done as a flat and stamed out
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Small files are your friends...  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Small files are your friends...  

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#7]
pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK/docs/templates.htm

Link to hcpookies page. Scroll down to the part that says side folding ak-100 series stock and click the link for a schematic with measurements.  Hope this helps.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top