Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 7:20:32 PM EDT
Finally purchased a SAR-2 recently. Nice little rifle. Love the caliber and its soft recoil. A couple of problems:

a.  Canted Front Sight Base - Minor 10 degree cant of the front sight. However, at the range it shot just fine. Weighing whether or not to have a smith fix it, do it myself, or just let it be. Already mounted a red dot sight for the next range outing. Does anyone know how much a smith charges for fixing the canted FSB ? Don't want to chance irreparably damaging the FSB myself.

b.  Bought some Bulgarian polymer mags. They are made at Factory 10. But half of them have a "1" on the lower left side while the rest have a "2" on the lower left side. The ones that are marked with the little "2" goes in the mag well alright. However, the mags with the little "1" goes in and out of the mag well really tight. Do I need to file away some polymer material on the rear top edges of the mag to make them go in easier ?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a couple brown Bulgie mags give me some problems fitting, I just rammed them up into the well which shaved the excess material away for me.

Just try being forcefull...
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top